Otto to start for Roos at left tackle vs. the Colts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans left tackle Michael Roos has been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Colts as he continues to recover from the emergency appendectomy he had on Monday.

Mike Otto will start in his place.

“We are not going to take any risks or chances with that,’’ Coach Mike Munchak said. “Even though he is feeling pretty good, he probably needs a good week to rest and then he’ll be fine next week.”

It will snap a string of 119 consecutive starts for Roos, who has started every game since joining the team in 2005. Otto, in his sixth year with the team, has played in 41 career games, with just two starts.

He hasn’t played at all this season, however, after dealing with knee and hand injuries.

“We are confident in him,’’ Munchak said. “I think it is a great opportunity for him, and I’m sure he’ll be fine.”

Otto, a seventh round pick by the Titans in 2007, practiced with the first-team unit all week.

“It is an opportunity to go out there and play against a good opponent, and a good team,’’ Otto said. “Hopefully I can do my part and help us win a football game we need to win.”

Source: Titans Insider

Attached Files:

2. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

[​IMG]
    we are boned.

3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Not surprised about this at all.

4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Don't be too surprised if there's not a big difference. Not saying Otto should be fantastic or anything, but Roos hasn't exactly been great for a couple of years now either.

5. Ghost

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm with Kaeotik, I like Roos but his game has dipped a bit since Mawae left. To be fair though, the entire O-line has fallen off since Mawae left. I bet that guy could suit up today and still play C better than Amano and Velasco.

7. Ghost

You, Me or just about anyone else on this board could play Center better than Amano or Velasco. Those guys couldn't make the cut on the majority of the leagues rosters. Lets not even get started on LEEERRRROOOYYY HHHAAARRRRIIISSS... damn it would be great if his last name was Jenkins.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Dude... you cited Bleacher Report!

I still consider him to be one of the best LTs in the league (as in top 10). His play may have dropped a bit, but not THAT much.

This is a tough loss for us. Need him badly for the Bears game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar