OTA Eye Candy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Didn't or does Warner have a side arm motion?

Rivers has the motion too, and so does Carr.

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I like the pic of VY throwing and White in the background looking on.

3. Hawk

Hawk Camp Fodder

Simms always had issues with batted balls because he has a bit of a slow wind-up to his throwing motion that gives away when he's throwing and the linemen are better able to react to it. Vince has a much quicker release than Simms had and almost never had balls batted down. I would not expect it to be a huge problem for him. But when a guy completes 65% of his passes like Vince did, you don't mess with his motion. Focus on footwork, leave the motion alone. Chow has already said in interviews that he will not try to change Vince's motion in any significant way.

4. Nine

Nine Starter

I, too, feel that the whole sidearm-motion issue has been way overblown.

In a lot of cases, instead of going through the traditional wind-up-and-release sequence, Vince's throwing motion is little more than a flip of the wrist, giving defenders virtually no opportunity to time their jump or even get their hands up. Go back and watch him throw, and imagine yourself as a pass rusher trying to get to the ball. Generally speaking, by the time the defender recognizes the throw, it's already past him.

5. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

There is another problem, he might develop tennis elbow with his throwing motion and that's a pain in the butt to get rid of. :suspect: :stars:

6. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Vince has said that the reason he has such a quick release is because of the side arm motion. BTW I seen a couple of times this last season that if his throwing motion was correct he would have had the ball batted down, but because of the sidearm motion he threw to the side of the pass rusher.

Lots of great QBs have had horrible mechanics the last of which was Bernie Kosar. I think Vince's running ability is going to scare the Dline too much to even put their hands up.

7. I think it was the Ohio State game where a blitzing LB or untouched DE was about to cream Vince and he just flicks the ball right underneath his outstreched arms, by the guys armpit. Just another one of those plays that you had to rewind and play in slow-mo and still end up saying "how in the hell did he do that".

Loved those pics of Vince and LenDale together. That's going to be a match made in heaven, and they already have a ton of respect for each other. LenDale's a hell of a talent and Vince is going to be a great influence and motivator for him (just like he was for a few 'tough cases' on the Texas team).

8. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Carrs mechanics are much worse than just side-arm. He also "pushes" the ball away from him.

Rivers apparently did get his mechanics fixed, we will see this coming season..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar