Oregon Ducks have new(er) uniforms!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's kind of like an annual thing now to see what their uniforms will look each year.
    I for one like their innovative styles, but I'm no traditionalist and like the sleek looks over the old bland uniforms with no style. They just look sloppy, IMO.

So here they are- with carbon fiber helmets and a new great wing design that replaces the steel plate pattern on the shoulders:
    http://www.goducks.com/PhotoAlbum.d...ID=233&DB_OEM_ID=500&SPSID=3383&PALBID=130143

[​IMG]

I really like the wings.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

the yellows are sharp as usual. I don't understand the silver or gray however..

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i liked the steel plates more than the wings, even though they had nothing to do with them beind the ducks....

4. Deuce Wayne

I like the yellow a lot, myself. It looks fast to me for some reason. Reminds me of the Jamaican track team.

As for the silver- who knows. I think they just thought it'd look cool. And I think it will on the field. The chrome looking numbers with the carbon fiber helmet will probably be cool.

I think they should have put yellow wings on either the green jersey or the black one though. The contrast would have looked good.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

La-hame per OD usual.

It's football not DC Comics..
    [​IMG]

6. Deuce Wayne

I bet I can pick out your favorite jerseys, CC.

Packers
    Steelers
    Browns
    etc?

You'd probably hate the Titans jersey if it were any other team, too. Not dissing, just saying... different tastes.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

[​IMG]

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If I had to pick four:
    Titans
    Eagles
    Raiders
    Chargers

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Browns are just hideous and I HATE all things Steelers. I just prefer tough looking duds over goofy swooshes and piping etc.
    The Ducks outfit in the middle would be pretty good if the numbers weren't electro-digital looking...

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The wings are really cool. A huge upgrade over the diamond plating. As usual, though, the colors are terrible. They should be green and yellow (the school colors) and a lighter shade of green. There is no need at all for any black or silver/chrome. The silver looks especially awful when they pair the shiny silver numbers with flat grey pants.

Also, they still have the worst number font in sports history.

I'll also add that it's kinda lame to criticize people for liking traditional football uniforms. It's a cop-out argument that is basically saying "haha old man you can't possibly understand what I'm talking about because the world has passed you by." I like modern uniforms as much as anyone, but only when they are done well. Way too many modern uniforms look awful and end up getting changed within a decade of their debut. The classics, on the other hand, never look out of style.

I also think it's dumb when people say they prefer uniforms that look "tough." That just leads to unnecessary black uniforms. The players that wear a uniform determine whether it looks tough. The Packers can look tough in green and yellow (for years teams were terrified to go into Lambeau field), while the Jaguars just look ugly in all black.

For the record, my top 10 NFL uniforms are as follows (not really in any order):

1. Raiders
    2. Giants
    3. Colts
    4. Rams
    5. Falcons
    6. Packers
    7. Steelers
    8. Eagles
    9. Seahawks
    10. Titans

The 3 worst uniforms in the NFL:

1. Bengals - Way too many design elements going on at once. The white side panels, in particular, are just awful.
    2. Bills - Far too many colors (navy, royal, nickel, red, white). The blue shoulder rectangle on the white jerseys is the single worst design element in the entire league.
    3. Cowboys - Three different shades of silver (including different silver pants that they wear at home and on the road), two different shades of blue, inconsistent striping and black for no reason at all (yes, there is black on the white jerseys). They need to get it together.

And 3 uniforms that would be great if they fixed one thing:

1. Cardinals - The grey facemask clashes badly with an otherwise sleek and modern look. Change it to red and these uniforms might be in my top 10.
    2. Texans - They actually have a nice, clean modern look, but once or twice a year they destroy any credibility they've built up by wearing those awful all-red uniforms.
    3. Chargers - They need to fix the striping consistency. The bolt should only appear on a white background or only on a blue background (like their previous uniforms). They are trying to have it both ways and it ruins the look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar