Options to replace Britt

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Hence why we're discussing other options. :)

2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

We've been using Nate as mainly a possession receiver, so I wouldn't mind giving Moss a call to see if he has a change of heart. Maybe he'll come back with some fire this time.

3. Johnnyrex

Johnnyrex Starter

I think we are going to call Kevin Curtis... Palmer likes him!

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gage seems like the obvious option here. He played in the offense all preseason.

Why are we even talking about Moss? He did nothing for us last year. Nothing!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Houshmanzadeh is 34 and a non producer. It's not like Gage is better, he is similar but Gage knows the offense and might be more motivated to play. Gage did not have a bad camp for us they just didn't think he was worth the paycheck.

Gage can get us 400 yards receiving in 13 games and he can block with helps also. He would be ahead of Hawkins on the depth chart if he made the team.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

8-8 will not win this division. Houston will be at least 9-7 this year. More like 10-6.

Houston barely lost to the Saints in New Orleans. That hardly proves they are an average team.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I must say; THIS FCUKING SUCKS! Kenny Britt is our guy, we CAN'T replace him.

The only thing different about losing him this year is that we're going in to week-4, and CAN trade or sign a free agent like Moss. IMO those are our best two options at this point. Yes Moss stunk it up last year, but the circumstances are a bit different this time around. He's fresh, a free agent, and would be coming back to a new bunch of coaches, and QB. Moss did say for him to return to football, he'd first have to go to a contending team, with a legit QB. We have that in Tennessee, so maybe.........

BTW, this sucks even more that we have NO run game. C.J. needs to go buy a house, it looks like his wallet is too heavy for him to carry.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Out of high fives, you would have gotten at least two from me in your three posts.

My vote is for Gage at this point, and I think that we underestimate Houston (at this point) at our own peril. They are at a pivotal part of their season, and how they respond next week will tell me alot about them this season.

9. cutter10

cutter10 Rookie

Ricardo Lockett, 6'2-211 , big speedster from a small school in GA. currently on Seahawks PS.,...no need to empty the bank on a player whose ego could cause problems to a young developing team.

10. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Wow I didn't know he was out for the year - damn that sucks. Just when he was starting to get things going. Sorry to hear it guys.

Moss said he was done so doubt that's an option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar