Onside kick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by meekmode, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It was dumb, plain and simple. Onside kick is a very low probability play, even when it's a "surprise". We knew that offense was going to give us fits and we gave them a short field on the first damn drive.

2. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Thats not what really cost us the game though. If that onside kick was successful we wouldnt even be talking about it right now.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

You can't really say that for sure. You could just as easily argue that set the tone for the rest of the game. If we had done a normal kickoff and held them to a FG or punt it could've been a totally different ballgame. Situation matters with playcalling.

Yeah, if. But it wasn't. And again, that's a very low probability play to begin with. I feel it's a very dumb move against a high powered offense you are going to struggle to keep out of the end zone to begin with.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Winning record last year.

• Boring Boring x 1
  5. skitch

Sean Payton did it in the Superbowl and everyone thought he was a genius at that moment because it worked.

"What does it tell your defense? We don't trust you." - Quite the opposite.... If we get it great....if we don't, I have CONFIDENCE that you WILL stop them. Sadly neither happened.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. skitch

No. He told KUHARSKEY that it was none of his business. He didn't want to call out the player that missed it.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. skitch

Again.....it tells your defense that the staff does have confidence in you to stop them. Unfortunately....they did not.

Similar to his decision to go for it on 4th down in the Chiefs game last season. He had confidence that his defense would stop them and we would get the ball back.....which is what happened.

8. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Heard a stat today that a surprise onside kick is successful 60% of the time. Not really a low percentage play.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

LMAO at your avatar!!!

10. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I'm from Wisconsin so it has extra meaning to me. Lol. I actually went down to that game in Nashville for my first NFL game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar