Onside kick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by meekmode, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Right

Kind of like why would you throw it in the Super Bowl when you have Lynch and need a yard.....

Coaches over think this stuff

I didn't even know who Tye Smith was til he goofed up the recovery

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I have sure seen that first hand in my "coaching career". High school coaches over think all the time....as a DB coach I would sit in the press box to get a better view of how we were lining up and relay suggestions to the Coaches on the field...The O coordinator would come out with like 30 plays that we would practice all week, not really scripted but sort of...anyways, we were a pretty good running team...I would often wonder why, when a play was consistently a big gainer, did we ever stop running it. I mean, in high school it usually comes down to who has the better/bigger players...I would run something until the other team stopped it...If it were me. One man's opinion.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

totally agree.

In HS the talent disparity is so stark that running and executing a handful of plays should be much more effective. Until the POs when the talented teams face each other.

4. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I wasn't rationalizing the "roll of the dice" quite the contrary. You compared our onside kick to the Saints in the SB and I broke down why I felt it wasn't an accurate comparison.

Sometimes I get on roll, looking back it was a little wordy...lol.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It obviously could have worked, but my thing is we have a conservative, low scoring offense and system, so if it doesnt work, you've got to play from behind with a grind it out offense and that makes it very difficult to overcome down 7 or even 3 with only a handful of drives each half at our disposal.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Kind of like the UT Vols under Fulmer. If you can run it up the middle over and over and have the bigger/stronger players, why stop?

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah force teams to stop your A game without a doubt

8. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

That's 3 points there. Also blame Davis for going out of bounds before the half that stopped the clock. They scored 3 points there plus running into kicker = 6 points..... those 2 cost us.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar