One Thing was Settled Today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm pretty sure he got benched midway through the second quarter for getting absolutely worked by Blackmon. Campbell finished the game in Verner's spot.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I watched the game and nothing really stood out to me. Blackmon ran by everyone, McCourty played further off people at the line than Verner and Sensabaugh, and Sensabaugh was hosed on the PI call. McCourty made some nice plays. Campbell looked pretty good.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

It is hard to tell on television, but are you sure about that? Campbell was getting snaps at safety early.

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I was amazed that Griffin made a hard hit, it happened when the Jag player was being held up/tackled by another defender, but nevertheless I didn't know it was possible. He lowered his shoulder and everything! Weird.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Not sure what the deal was but Campbell was playing cb and Verner was only coming in for dime package for most of the 2nd half.

Early on Campbell was playing and lining up like a LBer it was during this package that the jags ran it down our throat.

6. Fry

Absolutely sure. Campbell tipped the pass that Brown picked off for his second TD. Campbell was definitely playing CB in the second quarter with Sensabough playing NB.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

This is nonsense. Though Verner has struggled the last few weeks, on the season he has allowed two touchdowns. McCourty? Seven. Verner has allowed 61% percent of his targets to make receptions. Mcourty? 67%. Verner might have had a bad game. Heck, maybe he had a bad month, but for the season, I wouldn't say it is settled. I would say that McCourty is the better overall corner, but it isn't like Verner is without his strong points. Regardless, both players would benefit tremendously from a consistent pass rush and a system that takes advantage of their strengths.

Verner's biggest weakness is run support. That's likely why he came out of this game.

8. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Isn't Verner a much better slot guy?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Fry

Yes! It's unfortunate we don't have anyone else who can play outside so Verner can go back to NB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

not playing a good qb caused this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar