One big reason not to like Dungy departure

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>Argue about his postseason effectiveness all you like.</p> <p>Here is the worst thing about <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3827058" target="_blank">the departure of Tony Dungy</a> from the NFL coaching business: It's a copycat league, and there is one less good guy with success to be copied.</p> <p>I know for most fans the ends justify the means and that means a coach can be nasty if he's winning. The current final four -- Ken Whisenhunt and Andy Reid, Mike Tomlin and Jim Harbaugh -- are good group, not overridingly irritable or angry.</p> <p>But losing Dungy from the fraternity hurts.</p> <p>I'm for coaches who say hello to the janitor, maybe know his name, not for ones who make it clear they don't have time for a simple nod in the hallway that can make the smallest person in the organization feel relevant instead of as if he lives on the other side of a moat from the team's figurehead.</p> <p>Dungy looked everyone in the eye, cared about human connection, had the unwavering respect of the people who worked for him and worked for his team.</p> <p>I suspect successor&nbsp;Jim Caldwell will work to build a similar M.O., but he starts from nowhere.</p> <p>Until at least Feb 1, there is only one coach in the AFC who's won a Super Bowl (only three in the whole league), and that one hardly qualifies as easy-going model to follow. Bill Belichick has actually won three.</p>

More...

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Manning is the Coach anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar