On to next season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 615nick, Jan 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 615nick

615nick Starter

What do we need to address the offseason in order to compete going forward.

IMO

qb- need a new backup, one more similar to mm8
    rb- need a shifty compliment to dh
    wr- if decker stays, I think we're good/ no decker, we need a reliable vet
    te- need another young guy
    oline- starters are pretty good, could upgrade one g, but we need 1 or 2 guys that can come in and play on a regular basis

dline- we need a real nt and a rotational de
    olb- need 2 guys that can rotate in, one guy needs to be a fast finess type
    ilb- need a young stud here, I'd like to see us get big ss type and move him here like jones on atl
    cb- i think we're decent here, could get another young guy
    s- we need a true ss that can play the full position and use cyp as a situational player

need 4 or 5 guys on o
    need 4-6 guys on d

Outside of coaching, we are pretty good shape, imo. We need to add 8-12 players and we have 7 draft picks along with $ to spend in fa. I'm still a fan of moving to a 4-3 with our players, we'd just need more regular lb types, but wouldn't need a nt. Would love to figure out a way to draft derwin james.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Coaching

• High Five High Five x 8
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

DL/pass rush that allows this defense to get pressure without leaving guys open, aka requiring extra blitzers.

Interior OL. I'd say C first, but we need G and depth.

I wanted to say Safety to replace Cyprien but I'll be honest, he sometimes plays really well, but other times he's downright awful.

LB that can cover. I saw Williamson on the field last night and that always feels like a liability to me.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I change my initial response to this.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

need a real RB
    need an interior DL presence, Casey isn't the guy.
    need a complimentary safety to Byard
    need another CB
    NEED AN ILB

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

1. Coaching philosophy overhaul...move into the 21st century offensively
    2. Need interior Oline help
    3. Interior D line and LB help that can cover as well
    4. Good blocking TE...
    5. Complementary RB for Henry
    6. Secondary depth....actually, depth in general.

7. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

#1 Coaching. Our offense at least would be completely revamped for the better. We've got the talent, Corey if he's healthy can be a legitimate #1 receiver. Rishard is already a respectable #2 receiver with Robiskie. Our offensive line is good when played right, although we could use improvement in the interior.

The only thing I would do is maybe make some small adjustments to the interior line. I also think we should try to go for Graham in the off season. Delanie is slowing down, and Jonnu hasn't shown enough to pass on a guy of Jimmy's caliber. Mariota needs a good TE again to bail him out of bad situations, and he's starting to lose that.

I'm not a fan of Henry either, and Murray is getting too old/injury prone at this point to be reliable. He was terrible last season, and Henry was inconsistent as hell like every other Bama back has been in the NFL. I'm willing to give him a year under a proper system, but if we have a chance to get Bell, even if it is a bit overpriced, I'd like us to go for it. The guy is a game changer like no other back in this league, and his presence alone last night could've very well won us the game.

It's very obvious we need to continue to focus on our defense though. We've largely ignored it in drafts, that can't continue to happen. We haven't ignored it in free agency, because we've managed to be cheap and pay mediocre players what still amounts to more money then they are worth. J-Rob can't keep making bad free agency choices. Our pass rush on the outside is slowing down. Our line is awful outside of Casey which makes our LBs even worse. Our ILB are inconsistent generally leaning towards not doing anything. A'doree is improving although I'm still not sold he can be a top CB in this league, we're paying Logan and will have to settle with just being average at that position for now considering the needs elsewhere, but we've got to still get more depth there still. We've got to get another safety outside of Byard who is forced to do too much too. Hell I want to even replace Succop to be honest.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

QB - Need a backup. Cassell is done. I actually like the idea of Greg Ward Jr because he can also return kicks and gives us a scat back, fast WR. Versatile backup with some street.
    ILB - Wouldn't mind a big, fast, and clean haymaker.
    SS - Cyprien ok, but not superbowl caliber. He was isolated yesterday intentionally. And it hurt.
    WR - I'd seriously consider playing Jackson 2 ways. We need separation out there. Dekker, Matthews, and crew are all backups. Need a true #2 and #3.
    TE - Get rid of all of them and force MM to throw downfield. And I'm near dead serious. Belichek doubled our average TE because frankly, the offense doesn't look anywhere else. And it worked.
    RB - Murray lost his burst. Reminds when CJ lost a step. He's a backup now. DH can start. But we'll need some depth.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think we can also declare that MM is not a bust. He won a playoff game. And he's not miserable. Lets just see if he can elevate into the top 1/3. Right now I don't have faith when he lets it's go that it will be completed. I worry. I want to have that faith.

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Speed RB..Jerick McKinnon FA? Draft?
    True DE that can get to the QB
    More depth around but especially on OL
    CB depth

New Staff or at least OC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar