On the air: Week 5 broadcast teams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky Here's who you'll be hearing Sunday if you're watching an AFC South game on TV:
    Indianapolis at Houston, 1:00 p.m.: CBS, Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf
    Tennessee at Baltimore, 1:00 p.m.: CBS, Ian Eagle, Solomon Wilcots
    Pittsburgh at Jacksonville, 8:15 p.m.: NBC, Al Michaels and John Madden

More...

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Alright! Solomon and Ian! For my money the best current NFL broadcast team (no sarcasm)

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Really? I can't stand Solomon Wilcots, but that is probably because I have to listen to him with the biggest tool in the world, Adam Schein on Sirius NFL Radio every day.

My favorite CBS broadcast team is Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon. I love the way Harlan announces personnel changes on EVERY play.

Of the FOX teams, Sam Rosen and T-Rock are my favorite.

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I liked the Gannon/Harlan team calling the Titans/Vikings this past weekend. Not too bad at all.

T-Rock... ? (I should be able to figure it out... but it's early).

I hate most of the big name crews... they come into the game with preconceived story lines that they've worked on all week. So they always spin the game to fit these special interest stories (it's annoying as hell.... you know... never let the game get in the way of a good story...WTF). I find Buck and Aikman the worst for this, but they all do it to varying degrees.

Don Criqui calling the Bengals/Titans was 10 different kinds of awful. How does that guy stay in the booth?

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

T-Rock = Tim Ryan.

Admittedly, nothing at all compares to the pain that is Tony Kornheiser.

I never thought I'd be dissapointed when we have MNF games.

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I remember a couple of years back when we played in Houston (the Vince Young OT-run game), and I swear to god there were at least five occasions where Criqui called VY Steve McNair. Then there was the Bills game that year where Criqui called Travis Henry "Travis Thomas".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar