Ok, now that we have THAT out of the way...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bonky, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Yet we almost came back and got it done haha. Andrew Luck just owns this team for whatever reason.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's weird. On a 3rd and short in the 2nd half everyone expected us to run and Mariota found Sharpe deep for a touchdown. On our last drive and on our first 4th down attempt, Mariota completed a pass for the 1st down. So, of course, we try and run the ball the next time and get stuffed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. The Playmaker

I love Henry but going down 21-0 on the road doesn't really leave a whole lot of snaps for your backup RB when your first string is 2nd in the NFL in rushing.

4. The Playmaker

I love Delanie and his attitude but this may be the year to snag our TE of the future.

O.J. Howard has really improved his run-blocking this year and could use a year behind Walker to become a more well-rounded player at the next level. I wouldn't use a 1st on him but if we found ourselves back in the 2nd round then I wouldn't be upset.

Jake Butt is a good TE but like Howard he needs to work on his blocking. I really like Evan Engram from Ole Miss, I think him basically being a flex WR/TE may hurt his draft stock and he would make for an interesting player to pair with Mariota. Jordan Leggett is underrated imo, from Clemson. The guy from Miami is solid as well but, I mean, he plays for Miami so he's not getting a ton of exposure.

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Did HENRY even get into the game? I don't remember it if he did....Murray was a little off yesterday....

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Jace Amaro could emerge for us.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. DaCost

DaCost Starter

The corners issue is annoying lebueu has never rly had good corners in his defense but this one's are just awful.

We never rly had good CBs since Dyson and Rolle hopefully jRob will change that.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Wouldn't count on that happening but it is possible

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, emerge like a turd from a butt.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

A lot of posters here have said (paraphrasing) "if you don't make the playoffs, then it is better to be the worst team in the NFL so you get better draft picks".

I always was against that, as you run the risk of becoming a backwards gutter franchise for too long once the extreme losing sets in.

That said, I don't know whether I'm really happy about our progress so far.... or if we are in worse shape because this guarantees Mularkey another year and he is still not a good coach.

Yeah the Packers and Dolphins games were great, but how will this team end up? If we can contend for that division championship in the final week, I would feel pretty positive. But if it's just a 6-10 or 7-9 year and we are wasting Mariota's development in a scheme that isn't to his strengths with very questionable playcalling and decision making, and that is going to continue... I just don't know if it wasn't better to suck again just to try and do a real HC search with a GM that wouldn't be completely lazy like the owners were.

I guess it's hard to complain after being the worst team in the league the last 2 years, but the bar of success still seems pretty damn low to celebrate what has happened so far this season.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar