Offseason Shows Lack of Faith in Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brew City, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He has some valid excuses.

Missing wide open receivers while having plenty of time to step up over and over was enough reason for me to not expect anything from him. Those are backyard throws. Any good QB hits those.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Your ability to judge QBs is well known. :makefun:

3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

This would normally be true, however an injured shoulder makes even the simplest of throws hard to make. Injuries don't just hurt they can throw your game completely off. I saw him be pretty accurate vs the Lions. It's one game but that's what I hang my hat on.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I was expecting this to be a TWW2 thread.

5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

The thing this off season shows me is how horrible or staff and F.O. was under MR. These are the same people that thought our roster last season was good enough for a playoff run.

Seeing as how we are literally signing free agent after free agent, it really shows how they completely misjudged the talent on the roster last season. If anything this shows me how inept the F.O. really has been recently, I just hope we are seeing a change for the better.

Rebuilding the O-line, signing a power back to spell CJ who, while not being great, is far better than both Ringer and Harper. Another blocking TE who really has some ability in the passing game. Seems to me this is in support of Locker, but maybe it's just me?

6. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

That's just because some of you have blind love for the guy and make excuses for him. I really like the guy, I'm just worried that he's not as good as we all want or expect him to be. Guys bust at QB all the time. Why can't Locker be one of them?

What do you all think of Gabbert. He is a young QB with a terrible situation around him. I'm pretty sure we all will agree that he is absolutely awful. That is the only point I'm trying to make, but yet this gets called a "terrible thread".

I've said this plenty of times already. I really like him and hope he succeeds, but I am not sold on him being the franchise guy. Hopefully this year he proves me wrong.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Haha, yea

There's one thing I like and don't like about these types of threads, they're half thought out.

I don't discourage anyone from voicing their opinion, and it is nice to see new fans pop up, but theyre investing in Jake by getting the missing pieces.

The team has literally address every single position except QB.

New offensive lineman
    New RB/re-signed FB
    NEW TE
    shown plenty of interest in the WR position
    New Defensive lineman
    New DB
    New LB

I mean what about all that says QB is an issue?

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

But why does filling our needs indicate a lack of confidence in Locker? It does not matter who the QB is they need good players around them for the offense to be successful.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

So then you also have no expectations for Andrew Luck if youre talking about missing wide open receivers.

Every QB misses easy throws, difference is you're not looking at their every play. I saw plenty of Luck over throwing wide open targets, and everyone is naming him the next Manning.

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think this offseason is the FO/Coaching staff trying to build an identity for the team and improve our weaknesses. The offenses inability to control the ball and put together long drives not only hurt the offense, but also caused the defense to wear down. Not only did we lack quality starters on the interior OL, but our depth was exposed as well. Improving the OL was going to happen this offseason whether Locker was our QB or whether Manning was our QB.

Harper and Ringer have shown nothing and thus we needed to get a backup RB. Adding a guy who can get the tough yards is what was needed. The Greene addition had nothing to do with Locker's abilities, but more to do with the lack of abilities from the other RBs on the roster.

Locker and Munchak are both on the hot seat. If the team doesn't perform they are both gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar