Official Mock Draft Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

if we dont draft coples or ingram ill be wondering what our front office is doing....our ends need the most work...

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd take it man. But I think Still will be flying up draft boards here shortly. I think he'll be a Top-15 pick.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Here are some guys I would love to have in the 1st:

Coples
    Ingram
    Barron
    Burficit (sp?)
    Brown

Janoris Jenkins is the name to look out for just in case Finnegan doesn't come back.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Burflict is a nut case on the field... I'd be really surprised if he was drafted by us.

5. The Playmaker

We need another OLB and if a top prospect is there I say we pull the trigger. When you get in the middle of the draft it's hard to go just for need or just BPA it's got to be a mix. Which is why a pass rusher, OLB, or SS should be the pick. The guy might be a little crazy but the guy is going to be a good one.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Burfict hasn't played outside LB in his life and I'm more than happy with McCarthy in the middle.

I'd much rather we get a veteran in the mix at LB rather than another rookie. This defense needs some experience to go with the talented youth.

7. The Playmaker

I thought he was an OLB? Does he need to be in a 3-4? If so my bad.

I agree with this but if someone is available at that position that's a top prospect we have to pull the trigger. There are some pretty good guys available too in FA. Anthony Spencer? Not a bad player could come here.

20th spot is just such a difficult pick, I'm so ready for the draft.

8. Fry

Burfict has only played MLB in a the 4-3 at ASU. I don't think he has the coverage abilities to on the weakside.

I see what you're saying about getting a play-maker and I can't argue against adding an elite talent, but with all of the three-receiver sets being played by offenses right now I don't think having three linebackers is a must. McCarthy and Ayers both played on passing downs last year, so our third linebacker probably won't be on the field on passing downs.

9. The Playmaker

The way teams are using their TE's now we will need a OLB to cover them. It's only been a year for Ayers so far but not sure how well he matches up against those like Gronk, Graham, Witten, etc. That's really my only concern at LB, we drafted 2 good ones last year so we don't really need one early but Munch has made comments about getting a play maker on D in the 1st round so that makes me think either a Safety or DE.

10. Fry

The unfortunate thing is this draft seems to be stacked in areas where we're relatively stable(CB, WR, RB, OT) and weak in the spots where we need help(S, DE, DT).

The only spot where you can say immediate need matches up with depth is the interior line, and those guys typically aren't worth a first round pick.

It will be really interesting to see how things shake out after the combine and pro days. I personally can't wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar