Official Mock Draft Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yikes, Richardson at 3?

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Alright here is my first and only mock draft for the rest of the month.

NOTE:
    -I do think someone will trade up for RG3 but won't make any trades.
    -Have they done the coin flip for Dolphins and Panthers yet?
    -I'm doing the Titans first 3 picks.

1. Colts: Andrew Luck, QB
    - This is a no brainer for the Colts. The bigger question is what do they do with Manning?

2. Rams: Justin Blackmon, WR
    - Some put Kalil here but Blackmon is the better player and the Rams do have some solid OT's. Bradford needs weapons besides Lloyd.

3. Vikings: Matt Kalil, OT
    - The Vikings were going to take whomever the Rams didn't take regardless. It's hard to go wrong with either Blackmon or Kalil for Ponder and looks like he gets help on the OL. Another selection might be Claiborne but they have to help Ponder first.

4. Browns: Trent Richardson, RB
    - The reason it's not RG3 is because someone will have already traded up for him. I'm trying to go off need and I don't think the Browns are ready to give up on McCoy yet. Hillis is gone and Hardesty can't stay on the field. Give McCoy the top RB in the draft.

5. Bucs: Morris Claiborne, CB
    - Top DB in the draft and boy could the Bucs use a CB with the aging Barber and questions of Talib's future. This is a no brainer pick.

6. Redskins: Robert Griffin III, QB
    - I believe the Skins will trade up for RG3 but with no trades I'll just stick him here. Hopefully they don't waste this amazing talent.

7. Jaguars: Quinton Coples, DE
    - I was torn between him and Dre Kirk but the Jaguars have a more immediate need for a pass rusher. Coples is a major talent and the Jags can easily get a CB to do the job in free agency or 2nd round. Shh don't tell anyone but Kirk is a little bit overrated.

8. Panthers: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB
    - Okay ignore my last note from the last pick the Panthers need help on defense. Dre Kirk is the top defensive prospect on the board and the Panthers CB's, well, aren't that good.

9. Dolphins: Riley Reiff, OT
    - Kinda feel sorry for them since they'll be missing out on the QB's so why not go with a player to protect their future QB?

10. Bills: Courtney Upshaw, OLB
    - It was between him and Still for me but with the selection of Dareus last year I figured they would go the LB route. They could also go the offensive line route since they need more protection for Fitz.

11. Chiefs: David DeCastro, OG
    - Yep he goes this early, why? Because he's the top prospect on the OL left and he could start immediately. It's him or Martin.

12.Seahawks: Devon Still, DT
    - Seahawks need a pass rush and that's what Still delivers. Nick Perry is also a solid choice.

13. Cardinals: Jonathan Martin, OT
    - They would probably want DeCastro but they'll settle for his teammate.

14. Cowboys: Janoris Jenkins, CB
    - Who? UNA player? Yeah that same player who was at UF and was considered one of the top CBs in football. You think Jones cares about character concerns?

15. Eagles: Michael Floyd, WR
    - Okay so the Eagles need some LB's but replacing Jackson is an even bigger need.

16. Jets: Nick Perry, OLB
    - So this is a toss up between him and Barron. I'm expecting Perry to get a lot more attention come the draft so this is more of a projection pick. Both players would fill an immediate need I guess it just depends on who you ask.

17. Bengals: Alfonzo Dennard, CB
    - They need CB, he's the last top CB prospect available for a while.

18. Chargers: Cordy Glenn, OG
    - Well this is awkward the main need for the Chargers was a pass rush and well Upshaw and Perry are gone. The guy taken is probably the most realistic shot the Titans have of going OL in the 1st so scratch that position off.

19. Bears: Peter Konz, OC
    - Yes really, this is a bit of surprise but the Bears need help on the OL still and I don't see a WR like Wright making more of an impact than improved protection for Cutler.

20. Titans: Mark Barron, S
    - Well it's between him and Melvin Ingram. Do we go the route of a DE who is a good pass rusher and a need or do we go with a SS who will start for years to come. I picked Barron because I feel there are other pass rushers available in the later rounds.

2nd: Kelechi Osemele/Ben Jones
    3rd: Sean Spence

3. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

there is other ss available too....harrison smith or martin from osu....

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't see them being an upgrade at SS. Smith is alright and not very high on Martin at all.

5. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

im not all about this but what do you think about the corners in this years draft...do you think any of them could convert to safety position with a good production...

what do you think about us trading up from the 2nd into the first to get someone like konz and barron if both are available

or us trading back to the eagles for both their seconds?

just throwing some different views in of what could happen

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I would be really happy for us to trade back, our 20th pick is kinda mushy when given the draft class, our needs and how the depth of the draft is mostly in the 2nd-3rd area. Dropping back and adding an extra pick would help fill an extra hole with at least a serviceable player if not a quality starter if we draft from the strong points of this class such as WR and LB.

7. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

Alot depends on what the Titans do in free agency, but I don't believe Barron or Ingram are worth a first round pick. You have to pick to the strength of the draft and it is Offensive Line this year. I don't need to remind anyone how bad our offensive line was this year. Note: Amano should only be moved to the bench, not to guard. Are we so use to average play on the offensive line that we would consider leaving him in the starting lineup? I evaluate a quality player by asking myself this simple question: Can this player go to another team and start? Look at our offensive line and ask yourself that question.

8. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

What I feel would be nice agreeing with you guys in trading back is if we trade back into the second and get Barron than with the next second round pick we select Rambo

-Rambo can be the hard hitting FS that Griffin is not anymore, look at his college highlights Griffin was a tank I don't know what happen to him
    -Barron can than be our hard hitting SS to Blitz and help with run support both are decent in coverage as well, my only problem is I feel someone could jump on Barron in the first round

The only way I would fully commit to this is if we do address some needs via free agents o-lineman are the safest picks in free agents it's one position I feel you can go and get in free agents without drafting and have a great team kinda like how we got Kevin a few years back, the difference it made.

This will free up some room for us for the draft and give us flexibility in our picks to address other needs as well

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Coin flips are held at the combine in Feb.

Titans 4 round mock:

1st - Michael Floyd - WR Notre Dame
    WR is where the value and depth is at this draft. I'm guessing all of the top defensive talent will be gone at this pick. Plus we get our 1B WR to pair with Kenny and someone who can step up when Kenny is hurt. I have Floyd ranked as the number 2 WR on the board but believe A. Jeffrey will go before him.

2nd. Ben Jones -C Georgia
    This is a definite need position for us. Hopefully we can sign someone in FA and go a different direction here. We may be able to get him in the 3rd but not worth the risk of someone taking him before that.

3rd. Malik Jackson DT/DE Tennessee
    This guy played DT out of necessity for UT and still got plenty of pressure, though his stats don't reflect it. He was normally double teamed a lot. His natural position is DE and would be a better fit there so we could move Jason Jones back to DT. This would give us a line of Morgan, Casey, Jones, Jackson

3rd (compensatory for Babin) Dontari Poe DT Memphis
    Love this guys size.

4th - Jeff Demps RB Florida
    This just gives us another playmaker on offense. This guy is small but can move. Reminds me a little bit of Darren Sproles

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's too early to do this, we don't know who's leaving their teams, and who will fill holes before the draft.

Another reason I don't bother with mocks just yet is cause we have no idea of knowing what guys will do in training camp right now. We could play fill-in-the-blanks by guessing who goes where, but maybe the coaches already know something we don't know about some back-up somewhere.

Plus the combine makes or breaks most guys stock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar