Official HC Search Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SanDiegoTitan, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

To me he would still be a player trying to coach

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Not just no QB, but no real playmakers on offense period.

That said I hope we aspire to better than Todd Bowles lol.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

"NFL rules allow teams to block assistants under contract from even interviewing for a job. However, when that job is head coach, permission must be granted."

Assistant coaches not in the playoffs

Teams can interview any assistant coaches from other teams who are not in the playoffs. They must, however, request permission if a coach is under contract with another team.

Teams can block a candidate from interviewing for a position that would be a lateral move, but can’t stop assistant coaches from interviewing for a position that is a promotion.

4. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

I think hes one of the top coaches in the league. The Jets team was playing pretty competive all year long despite their lack of talent on the O side of the field.

5. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

You are assuming that all defenses start from the same place on the field, which they don't. The Pats offense is the leader in yards per drive. Which means the Pats defense is at an advantage because it requires more yards to score on them. Throw in that Brady and the Pats take good care of the ball and the Pats defense is rarely put in poor situations. There are just too many factors to go by just points. And like I previously said, the advanced defensive stats also have the Pats at the bottom of the league.

6. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Current odds in Vegas on next Titans coach.

Mike Vrabel — 3/1
    Matt LaFleur — 4/1
    John DeFelippo — 4/1
    Steve Wilks — 5/1
    Jim Bob Cooter — 5/1
    Frank Reich — 7/1
    Jim Schwartz — 7/1
    Mike Shula — 7/1
    Todd Haley — 15/1
    Jeff Fisher — 20/1

7. titan1207

titan1207 28 years bleeding blue

Are you kidding me? Jeff Fisher!

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. KyTitansFan

Would love to have him back. He would be much better with JRob bringing in the players instead of Reinfeldt.

9. KyTitansFan

Fisher was treated unfairly by this franchise. A head coach shouldn’t be forced to draft a QB just because he’s from Houston and then get fired because he’s a mental case and couldn’t make it work.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

That's crap. The defense allowed fewer points per game when Brady was out last year, even with Brissett, who could hardly complete a pass. And the defense always plays at a really high level in the playoffs. They are are much closer to being the best defense than they are to being the worst.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar