Official HC Search Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SanDiegoTitan, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

So was it the change from whiz to mularkey

Or the change from mett ti Mariota, Antonio Andrews to Murray, poutasi to conklin, and whoever our center was to Jones that did it?? I’d say it was more the players. But sure you can attribute it all to the coach that almost gameplanned us into 5-11 this year but Mariota took a few games over at the end and won em

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Didn't they pick up his 5th year option?

3. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Yet, it still happens

Attached Files:

4. 520

No he implication is a good coach shoulda got more and he got the same results as whiz with the same crew. Wow I can’t believe I used to think you were decent.

It’s not a knock, but it should be considered before saying “mularkey single handedly took us from the worst team to playoff winner!”

Maybe look at the details a lil closer and you’ll see who/what was really responsible for it

5. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Watch the videos and read the articles, don't just read the headlines.

0:00 - Interviewer: Now, Ian, what do you think they will be looking for in a head coach here?

0:04 - Ian: *nodding head up and down, with a sure look on his face* Josh McDaniels. *still nodding, with a smirk*

0:06 - Interviewer: Wow, so Josh McDaniels?

0:07 - Ian (talking over interviewer): That is expected to be the target there.

Yes, he goes on to say that Josh would like this job as well, but has many potential landing spots. But don't pretend that he says anything other than Josh is the Titans sole #1 target.

https://www.msn.com/es-us/video/dep...tennessee-titans-head-coaching-job/vi-AAuPKP2

6. RealestWhiteBoy

I never said I attributed it all to the coach. But nice try.

[​IMG]

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

they picked it up, but they have til the summer time to decide his future

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RealestWhiteBoy

1) He went 2-7 (22%) with Whiz's crew. Whiz went 3-20 (13%). So, he was better than Whiz with Whiz's own crew.

2) I never said he single-handedly took us from worst to playoffs. I simple don't discredit his contribution to zero.

9. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Heres a thought about DeFillipo.

Say Reich gets our job, or any other HC job for that matter.

A lot of people would then assume DeFillipo would come with him as OC.

But DeFillipo would probably think, why? I can stay here and take Reich's job as OC of the Eagles.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. 520

He says he thinks josh is what the titans are loooking for

He’s right as in we’re looking for a guy to get Mariota to the next level, a young offensive minded guy. But then look and see were also interviewing great dc’s who would bring in a good Oc. Firing mularkey was never about McDaniels, it was about needing to improve that spot, and we will

So rapoports always right? 100%? That’s what your whose basis of we scrambled to fire mularkey to get josh is rapoport?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar