Official HC Search Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SanDiegoTitan, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The Jags are getting rid of Bortles regardless of whether they win the Super Bowl or not.

2. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

I hope your wrong lol. Usually visit DuvalPride forum and people their seem to think he comes back next year and they draft a QB.

Wich would be dumb... they have the roster to win a SB now they cant simply wait to develop a QB.

But as a Titan fan I would love for them to keep Bortles.

3. Fry

A lot can take place between now and the beginning of next season, but if Kirk Cousins or Alex Smith are available they'd be insane to sit tight with Bortles.

4. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Wouldnt those QBs be expensive though? Not sure Jaguars cap situation but Im assuming their cap space cant be that big since they have signed alot of big name players the last two years

5. Fry

$17+ million available, with Blake Bortles being on the books at $19m for 2018. If they release him before June 1st they'll have close to $36 million.

6. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Holy ****... didnt they have around 80M plus just a year ago. Wtf.

7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

They bought a defense.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Idk having defensive minded HCs seemed to have worked out for the Falcons, Vikings, and Bills hasn't it?

If fact it's funny you mentioned Lovie Smith seeing as he was able to hire Koetter, who replaced him because he was become the hot OC that year. Jamis has been regressing since.

Or maybe we could ask the N.Y. Giants if they want a redo on their HYOC after they replaced Coughlin with McAdoo. Their offense stifled and theu are sitting at the second overall pick.

Having an young, OC as a HC might be the trendy thing in todays NFL but there is no golden ticket to success. For every Sean McVay out there there is a Josh McDaniels or a Ben McAdoo. Also by ypur logic signing McDaniels would mean we would be cursed to having a horrible defense since he wouldn't know who to hired a a DC.... that's just silly.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The caps leeps going up by $10M per year. Almost every team in the league has enough cap space to afford any free agent they want.

The days of teams getting into salary cap trouble are basically over. A GM would have to be monumentally bad for it to happen to a team now.

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I still think there is something to Eli Manning heading there and them getting a young guy to groom behind him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar