Official HC Search Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SanDiegoTitan, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

This is just an excellent assessment.

• High Five High Five x 7
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Speculation focused on offensive coordinator Terry Robiskie and the stunted development of Mariota and the offense.

So why is he still employed??

3. kenny

kenny Starter

BEST reply I've seen to all this IGNORANT "Poor Mularkey got a raw deal" ****! I notice there is only 1 guy who is actually hurt to see him go tho...... hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

FakestWhiteBoy

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Ya think?

That's what happens when the Colts have Andrew Luck instead of Jacoby Brissett, the Texans have Deshone Watson instead of Tom Savage, and the Jags don't have Blake Bortles.

5-0 against Jacoby Brissett, Tom Savage, and Blake Bortles. 5-8 against everyone else.

Hopefully an improved offense can offset those other teams having functional QB play the next time around.

6. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Hey, like your contributions to the forum and good to hear differing perspective. But you know, the team will be better without Mularkey. He did not get a raw deal, would still be the HC but he chose to be stubborn and keep his OC and exotic garbage scheme. He finally recorded winning seasons as a HC with the talent given to him and could have possibly built a stronger legacy as a HC. Again, failed to adapt and recognize issues with his system. We're beating a dead horse now, we get it, you love Mularkey. But lets get on board with the new staff and see how we can continue being contenders in the AFC. In Jrob I trust.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You know the Jags are keeping Bortles, right?

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

As long as Wilks hires a good OC we will be fine. If Wilks is the guy I'd imagine that Rob Chudzinski would be high on his list of potential coordinators. He has HC experience and has a history of setting up power running, spread offenses. A Wilks/Chud tandem would be solid plus maybe bringing Mike Shula as QB coach/Chud inserence.

Getting Deflipeno as an OC would worry me because he would probably only be here a season or two before he started getting HC interviews. I wouldn't want to end up with a defensive guy and have to switch OCs in a year.

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

If McDaniels is 100% off the table then my next to hopes would be Wilks or Deflipeno and pairing them with Chudzinski and Del Rio (assuming LeBeau is gone) respectively.

10. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

The problem these kind of guys don’t hire good coordinators. Think Jeff Fisher for instance. Rex Ryan. Todd Bowles. Lovie Smith.

Point being, they have a young offense and more importantly a quarterback to develop. This is a hire they need to get right. Vrabel is being talked about and so is Welks. I’m not sure either have the right solution to get these guys going because their expertise is on the defensive side. I’m not sold they would know what to look for in a coordinator.

The absolute right guy for this job is McDaniels. I would def try to pull out a the stops to grab him.

#490 SuperMariota, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar