*Official* Get Your Section Loud Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nate42104, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

No excuses for not making noise for the D. It DOES make a difference. The folks around me appear to be "casual" fans- no intensity. I am always whistling on D during huddle and pre-snap. (makes more noise than my shouting or seat-banging) I've generated alot complaints because of the noise. The fans around me just don't get it that it makes a difference or they just don't care. I love the view from where I sit and I remember in 03 the rest of the section actually did get loud.

I thought the whole stadium got close to the noise level we generated back in 03 but nowhere close to 99. I am hoping that since the next home game is MNF it will get there again. I have no doubt that when the Steelers get to town in December the stadium will rock.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

LP fans leave in the 4th quarter even when the Titans are winning. They did it yesterday.. If it looks like a safe bet that Titans will preserve the win they file out like rats off a sinking ship. It's so gay. It makes me wonder why they even bothered to come in the first place. Getting on I-24 can be a pain in the ***, but come on!

3. Riverman

Often times we fire up the grill again and cook brats, burgers, etc Fun to listen to post-game radio. It was hot as hell yesterday where I was sitting so I give the older folks and those w/ kids a pass on leaving early.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

it was WAY hotter yesterday than I thought it was going to be.

Those of us that go out drinking saturday nights, it takes a toll to be as loud or energetic as we normally would be.

Ok, I'm going to make some rambling complaints and observations:

The police royally screw up the routes to the stadium. I was late to the game because I picked up a buddy and entered a different direction. I feel like some of the road blockages do way more harm than good.

on the positive side of getting to the game while in progress, ZERO lines to enter the stadium. I don't know what the deal is, but this year it seems like the line situation has just got more messed up. I know my buddy said he looked at his cell phone and waited in line 35 minutes to get into the stadium last week for the Houston game! That's outrageous. I know we do patdowns now and hey I'm for safety, but hire more people, make it more orderly, SOMETHING!

I understand the diehards here that don't understand why people leave early. But it shouldn't anger you. I could care less. If you bought your ticket, as far as I'm concerened, you can get there when you want and leave when you want. I know i've left early on more than one occasion for this purpose: To get a seat/table at the bar I want to go to after the game.

Had what I think was my second worst fan experience yesterday. My first was in one of our earlier seasons, when I actually had a Titans fan booo me and tell me to quiet down. That's right, another Titans fan. Why? because I was harrassing one of the opposing players (i sit behind the visiting bench, somewhat). Oh the player was Key.Johnson when he played for the bucs....

anyway, onto yesterday's experience. two chicks are sitting in my seats when I arrive. I hit the bathroom before going (so i don't get up and have to disturb people)... but my friend said they pretty much cussed him out saying "what the **** are you doing blah blah blah". He was like, *****es these are our seats. On top of that, the dude at the end of the aisle acted like a total dickhead (i think the girls and these guys where kind of there together and just didnt have seats together), when I went to go to my seat... DURING A LONG PAUSE IN PLAY. I can understand if it's while the game is in progress, but people need to chill out about that. Sorry you had to stand up or slightly move back so I get to my seat, *******.

I was happy to see it looked like actual attendence was up. The endzone's are always rocking, I probably prefer to sit there than in my actual seats just for because of the atmosphere.

Well, guess that's all. I expect we'll be rocking for our monday night, especially if we are 6-0.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

just to clarify, the early departures don't anger me and they are not necessarily old folks or parents with kid/kids... I make my ankle biter pick up plastic cups after the final gun. Twenty five is all the top rack of the dishwasher holds... I make that quota and get out of there. I come to see the clock tick down to 0:00... that's win or lose... I guess I have so many shortcomings I need to compensate by being the consummate fan... hell, I don't drive 270 miles round trip to leave early! Honestly though... once it looks like it could be a lock BOOM half of EVERYONE in the upper level hits the aisle.. often with as many as six minutes left. I just think it's weak.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I can proudly say I have never left a game till the clock struck 0:00 in the 4th (or when OT is done). The last game I went to was last year and most people were sitting down on a key 3rd down against the Chargers. I got so mad and yelled for everyone to stand up and cheer. Most of them did. Have I told this story before? Seems like I have. We need to get LP rowdy like the old days. You know, when the refs actually had to tell us to quite down.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Part of the problem is they replaced The Rock with some mamby-pamby Wheel of Fortune thing.

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

If we have the game in hand, I don't think it's a big deal to leave early. It frustrates me more at the beginning of the game when people are still filing in 8 minutes into the first quarter.

Let's get our crowd rowdy from now on, and if they are sitting down make fun of them, and tell them not to come back to the next game if they aren't going to help the team win; or to come to the pre-season games and give their tickets to fans who like to have a good time in the regular season.

9. Riverman

I agree totally TJ. They could do SO much more w/ the music and videos to get the crowd juiced. They have dropped some of the old better bits and held on to some of the stupid ones.

And personally- there is no greater thrill kill than watching the same effin promotional crowd games for the past 10 years. GET SOME NEW CHIT. And make it amped and not some lame, corny stuff.

Thank God that LP products got the message and got rid of that crazy-A Dudley Do-Right cartoon bit in overalls. (Shoo-eeee- that was a waste of advertising dollars)

While we're on it- the cheerleaders quit rolling through the stands like they used to about 5 years ago. That DEFINATELY warmed up the crowd.

Somebody check for a pulse on whoever is in charge of the stadium entertainment.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We all have a little bit of rowdy in us. LP should play some Hank Jr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar