Official Fantasy Football Help/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by RavensShallBurn, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I had to add CJ Spiller, and Demarious Thomas this past week for bye week/injury filler, I'm dropping them now for another WR and RB I need advice on who to take. Standard scoring league, no PPR my options are:

WR-Braylon Edwards, Early Doucet, and James Jones
    RB-Ryan Grant and Javon Ringer

Right now I'm leaning towards Ringer/Doucet but it's up in the air. Let me know guys!

2. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

I took over a team 2 weeks ago. The guy who had the team before me was wildly incompetent. He drafted a defense in the 5th round and a kicker in the 6th, so now I have no one at WR and the fact that it's a 12 team league doesn't help. The point is . . . which 3 of the following 5 should I start?

James Jones
    DHB
    Julio Jones
    Mario Manningham
    David Nelson

I'm thinking DHB, Julio, and Mario . . . but I could be wrong

3. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

doesn't julio have a bye this week? might be stuck with manningham and heyward-bay (i hate acronyms) and may need to pick up someone off FA

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That's a tough call. I don't see any of them getting in the endzone. I would actually go with James Jones and Ryan Grant. Playing two guys from an undefeated team that racks up tons of yards is probably your best bet. Is Grant still hurt though?

5. RavensShallBurn

That's what I would do.

6. RavensShallBurn

Am I wise in starting Matt Cassel this week? He's playing the Dolphins who give up the second most fantasy points to QBs.

Fitzpatrick is my only other option... and he's playing the Jets who give up the least fantasy points to QBs.

I could also pick up Carson Palmer who plays the Broncos (they give up the most fantasy points to QBs), but I don't trust him yet.

Here's my lineup this week for that league:

QB: Matt Cassel
    WR: Roddy White
    WR: DeSean Jackson
    RB: Darren McFadden (could have to switch him due to injury)
    RB: Ahmad Bradshaw
    TE: Jimmy Graham
    W/R: Victor Cruz

Bench:
    Marques Colston
    BenJarvus Green-Ellis
    Malcolm Floyd
    Darrius Heyward-Bey
    Antonio Gates
    Mario Manningham

Anything you guys notice that I should change in my starting lineup? Only thing I'm debating is switching Cruz with Colston or Green-Ellis, but Cruz is playing the Pats who give up a ton of yards to receivers.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

DMC isn't playing so take him out for Green-Ellis. And I would say put Colston in at flex, he has been a beast lately, and the Saints are at home this week where Brees has excelled in this year.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Should I start J. Stewart vs. Tennessee? Or Reggie Bush vs Washington?
    Should I start Manningham over Harvin and James Jones?

Need advice...

9. RavensShallBurn

You guys want to hear something pathetic... I have two kickers on my team and they're both questionable!!!! How is that even possible?!

I would start Bush and Manningham.

10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Taco, what are you doing on GoTitans?

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar