Official 2018 HC search thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Up_KD, Dec 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Not saying that at all....only saying that my point above, COUPLED with McDaniels' past performance as HC (far short of stellar) make him someone I would be wary of.

If he did not not have that previous HC experience on his resume (which was NOT GOOD), I may be more willing to roll the dice with him. However, after living through a similar experience with Whiz (bad initial HC experience, but he had to get better....right?), I am pretty wary of just running out and making this guy my "end all be all" for HC candidates here.

I would like to see Mularkey out as well, but I think we can be a bit more selective on HC candidates here....that is all I am saying.

2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I'm not big on McDaniels either as HC, maybe going back to NE and being an OC again has helped?

I want Mularkey replaced but getting rid of Robiskie and Jason Michael would be a big step in the right direction.

3. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

Whiz is a bad comparison. He was a head coach for much longer and had been coaching for over a decade before he got the Cardinals job. McDaniels was 33 years old with 5 years experience when he took the Broncos job. And he was the HC for less than 2 seasons. He's had 7 years to learn and hasn't been eager to just jump at any job offered.

I don't see the Broncos failure as a negative. If anything I think it's something that could help him be a better HC the second time around. I also think the short pass game he employs with the Pats would be great for Mariota. Throw in his familiarity with Robinson and I think it's a great fit.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

You are welcome to your opinion, as I am to mine. Time will tell....

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

Fair enough. I don't think McDaniels is a sure thing at all so you have as much chance as being right imo. I just thought using Whiz to come to support opinion was a poor comparison.

6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

This is my line of thinning as well. Remember reading an article a couple years ago where he said his HC failure really gave him a chance to sit back and evaluate everything. He said there's a lot of things he'd change, a big one being more flexible and less egotistical. I think he learned a lot from it, so I don't see it as a negative.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar