Official 2013 Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by SawdustMan, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Well it's my fun league, couldn't care where I end up but Pryor is at least going to get me points from rushing yards. I might switch back, I just remembered I'm not a big fan of SF's CBs.

2. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Question for everyone. I am in a league where a trade was just accepted. I vetoed it cus its a stupid trade. One guy traded Larry Fitz and Gates for Torrey Smith and Finley. Now the guy with Fitz has Julius Thomas sitting on the bench. I think it is a horrible trade and can't believe they accepted it. Would anyone here accept that trade

The guy who is trading for Fitz also tried to trade me. Chris ivory and Finley for eddie lacy and Julio Jones. I am not stupid though so I didn't accept that

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think I'd go Thompkins, despite his week 1 numbers. Amendola out. Vereen out. Gronk out. Somebody's gotta move the chains and score TDs. Edelman can't do it all himself.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I would never accept that trade. However, I don't think it's SO lopsided that you could definitely say there's some collusion or something fishy going on. Do you know the other people in this league? If not, there's always the chance that the guy getting the worse end of the deal is a huge Ravens fan or something. I've seen lots of dumb trades over the years just because someone wanted one of their favorite players.

I probably would not have vetoed but I also wouldn't really blame you for doing so. But that's why in the league I commish I have trade rejections set to commisioner discretion rather than league veto. I've found over the years that too many potential trades get vetoed out of nothing else but pure jealousy.

5. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

I know everyone in this league. The guy getting Fitz is dating the guy giving Fitz aways daughter. Thats why it seems fishy to me. I am the league commissioner but everyone voted to accept the tradr

6. The Playmaker

How does everyone feel about the Titans defense this week?

I'm thinking about keeping them since they have the Chargers and Jets coming up but tempted to pick up Ravens against CLE or Carolina against BUF.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I picked up Titans D in one of my leagues. But I think I'm going to sit them for one more week until we find out whether last week was legit or a fluke. This will be a really good test for them. In your situation, I think I'd pick up Carolina honestly.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Wait, would you have to drop Titans D for one of those other defenses? Or do you have a scrub on your roster you could drop instead? I definitely wouldn't drop the Titans at this point. Too much potential. They played like a top 5-caliber defense last week. I'd just roll the dice on them against the Texans if picking up another DEF would mean dropping them.

9. The Playmaker

I rotate my defenses every week, so I would drop the Titans. My league doesn't reward probably as many points as others and you can't get negative so in the end it's not that big of a deal. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being too much of a homer by keeping them. They'll get me a few sacks and hopefully a turnover or 2.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I have a newfound hate for Stevan Ridley.

People thought CJ was a bust last year... this guy is going to take the cake.

Good thing I was smart and handcuffed Ridley with Vereen just in case things didn't work out! Sigh... Way to break your hand on the first play of the NFL season, Shane. Way to ****ing go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar