Offensive Line Woes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Oct 10, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Deon also has a pretty extensive injury history and seemed to have fallen out of favor in ATL. Outside of tunsil (2 firsts, 1 second and two players) I don't remember the last time a good oline guy got traded.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. 8Bruce8

8Bruce8 Starter

I love jrob for the successes he's brought the team but he's massively dropped the ball on the o line and the 2 trades for the oline are absolutely bewildering. Plus lewan will be getting cut so wtf are we gonna do now. Again love lewan but if you can't last a season and getting paid top end LT money I'm sorry writing is on the wall.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I willing to bet he sees that writing on that wall that its over with as a Titan.

4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Has Jamarco even played in a game yet?

5. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Don’t think so I believe he’s on IR

6. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

OH he's aware all right. He addressed it on his podcast recently, I read an excerpt where he was pondering his future or some such thing.

7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

The only part of the original post I disagree with Is that 2019 was the best OL lineup in recent years.

It’s hard to argue a team that ended 9-7 with sack issues was better than the 2020 team that earned a 2000 yard back, the AFC South Championship.

That was after Conklin left.
    Love Conklin, see that he clearly recovered from his injury after he was gone and I’d still make the argument he was worth the trade up in the draft BUT the savings from not resigning him went elsewhere and the undertaker stepped in very well for much cheaper. Still sack issues though.

The problem has still stemmed from the choices since letting Conklin go. panda was clearly a the worst possible choice and is actually still part of what the problem is. He was such a set back for the franchise that he is still having an effect 3 years later.
    I think Saffold was too costly to stay. We can argue that Lewan could have been gone already, especially since he’s injured again.
    The signings at OL as “vet” have been trash. At least the rookies have all stepped in for a game or 2 but expectations for a rookie are typically lower.
    Brewer has had a couple games, radunz had 1 maybe (SF last year), Nate Davis has clearly been a stronger point since his rough rookie season.
    All those other names have been bad.

After his first year in Tennessee, it’s become a surprise that ben Jones is truly the strongest OL point.

#17 HurrayTitans!, Oct 10, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  8. Chad81

Chad81 Starter

He lost out to Brewer and was placed on IR two games into the season. I don't know the extent of his injury or if he'll be back, it won't make much of a difference if he returns. Jones is very similar to Daley, he floated all over a bad offensive line filling in for injured starters and never carved out a role as a starter. Additionally Jones has a major injury history he's been on IR all but one season in his career.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

he must have truly stunk it up if he lost out to Brewer. Brewer was worthless yesterday. He looked like a fat LB out there getting run over and run past. He looked terribly undersized and lost in pass protection.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

He was hurt very early and hardly practiced against Brewer. Then he shot his mouth off and got into a fight. That put him in Vrabel’s doghouse prior to IR. Of course the clear answer is simply to replace Brewer with a $2.00 steak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar