of Guys mocked to Titans in the 1st rnd...who do you not want

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, Apr 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Love ya buddy, but like one famous musician name jon said, "dont start no ****, wont be no ****"

#21 J Falk, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Tamba Hali was a bad dude for KC.. I really liked him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Carp

Carp Starter

You act like Derrick Morgan wasn't a good player. He may not have been elite, but he was a good player.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Forgive me if I don't think this is a good career for a 1st round pick.

Screenshot_20200417-114804~2.png

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea you dont hang around and play all those games unless youre pretty good

He wasnt sexy by any means but def a steady force off the edge and played the run really well

He also made the transition to OLB seamlessly, which often proves to challenge guys doing it

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I just don't get the comparison.

A lot of people see YGM as this boom or bust insane measureables but raw in technique guy. Derrick Morgan was the complete opposite. No outstanding traits, just a good, reliable assignment football player.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Carp

Carp Starter

Looks rather impressive to me. Especially considering his contributions in the run game. He was exactly as billed. A guy that's good at everything, but not great at any one thing. Again, Morgan was never elite, but he was absolutely a good player. Not everyone has to be JJ Watt to be considered a good player.

Honestly his stats don't look too dissimilar to the career of Clowney. He's seems like he's pretty well regarded.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Morgan was the kind of dude that would have 4 or so QB hurries, bat down a pass, and draw a holding penalty, but you look at the box score and he had 2 tackles and we got thumped.

If we had a better defense at the time, we are probably looking at Derrick Morgan as one of the Titan greats.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

The people calling for a "34 DE" over a "43 DE" need to get off Madden. The league doesn't really do that anymore, especially our D. You have players that move all over, to all kinds of positions in different sets.

Nickel is now the new base. You need all sorts of fast, athletic, but not undersized guys to move to different places on the field to do a variety of things. YGM is definitely one of those guys and could see him being a good fit for us.

We only have Beasley for 1 year, and while I hope he blows up for us, we have no idea if he will. Bringing in a YGM would allow us to rotate guys and do a wide variety of things to mess with defenses.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Exactly why I see more of a JPP comparison than a Morgan one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar