OCTOBER: 31 Days of Horror

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If I can I'll post a Horror classic a day for 31 days.
    Feel free to add your own..

Oct 1: THE CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF I have loved this one since I saw it as a kid. The "explanation" in regard to the origin of the werewolf is like no other in movie history. There is so much to love about this one including the bewildering bits of disturbing dialog by Young Leone.. Can't skip mentioning the exceptional Oliver Reed.
    Hammer's only werewolf movie may be their best film.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Not horror at all, but I make it a tradition to watch Garfield's halloween every year.

I will probably watch the Hellraiser's pretty soon, and Halloween.

3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

THE Halloween movie. Scared the PISS out of me as a kid.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Halloween will be shown in theaters - including Cool Springs Carmike on Oct 25th through Halloween.
    I will be there with bells on..

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Halloween is great, get to scare kids and steal their candy.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Oct 2. BLACK SABBATH The movie that scared me more than any other - ever!
    Bava horror trilogy that starts off with a quick scare in The Phone Call, then steps up significantly with The Wurdelak in Karloff's only vampire role (and what a role!).
    Then finishes up with the feature that slayed me as a kid - A Drop of Water.
    This movie was so effective in its day that a certain band co-opted the name..
    Extremely moody and colorful. Definitely an appropriate late night scare for the month of October!

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Halloween... the best time of the year.

This is by no means a classic, and as such probably doesn't really fit this thread. But I feel the need to tout it any chance I get. The criminally under-viewed Behind the Mask: the Rise of Leslie Vernon. So freaking good. So funny. But still maintains a fun horror vibe. One of my favorite "horror" films of recent years (and probably one of the more entertaining movies in general). It's a Halloween staple around my house.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I liked Behind The Mask. I've done score stuff with a few of the folks associated with that movie..

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I just thought it was so clever and well done. And a brilliant performance by the lead. There is a kickstarter up for a sequel. For some absurd amount of money you can actually get killed in the movie. If I had a spare 5k (or whatever it was) just laying around I'd totally do it.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Oct 3. The Funhouse
    Who doesn't want to "spend the night in the funhouse"?
    Great fall vibe - and that sketchy old school carnival scene captured perfectly here.
    A freak in a Frankenstein mask terrorizing unsuspecting kids to boot? I'm all in !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar