Ocho Cinco not sure about Houston's corners

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky Houston's cornerbacks are coming off a game with a terrible busted play where DeMarcus Faggins let Calvin Johnson get behind him for a late, 96-yard touchdown catch. It made what should have been an easy win a bit of a nailbiter.

Now Cincinnati's Chad Ocho Cinco -- he of 27 catches, a 9.9-yard average and two touchdowns - busted on the Houston corners during a conference call with the Houston media leading up to Sunday's Bengals-at-Texans fracas.

Here, for entertainment purposes only, is the relevant piece from the transcript provided by the Texans:

Chad Johnson asks - What are the two starting corner's last names?

[The Houston Chronicle's] Megan Manful answers - "Jacques Reeves and DeMarcus Faggins and then Dunta Robinson came back last week."

(on if he remembers CB Dunta Robinson) "Yeah, I see Dunta in the offseason also. Tell Dunta I said be careful and congrats on getting back from that injury. And tell (CB) Jacques Reeves and Jacques Cousteau or whatever his name is... what's the other guy's name, Finnegan? Faggins. Tell them I said hello and it's on."

No immediate reaction from those corners. But if some comes my way, I will tack it on here as an update.

More...

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

No Chad, Finnegan is the guy that has already owned you this year.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

how anyone can not like chad johnson is beyond me.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I don't really like when a guy is talking trash when his team hasn't won a game.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

how is that trash? he challenged them. "tell them it's on," that's not trash talk.

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I really don't mind as long as he is playing like he used to. But that's not the case this year. If you don't put up, then you need to shut up.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Pretending to forget the guys name is a bit of trash talk to me. Besides Chad probably wont get many passes because Fitzpatrick sucks and Williams will eat him up. Bengals are horrible and Chad should just STFU until their good.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

maybe chad would be doing better if he was paying attention...maybe watching some film on his upcoming opponents rather than relying on his reputation to get him open.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Chad hasn't gotten open all year and he's one bump away from a completely separated shoulder.. Trash talk is all he's got left...

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

fantasy dud so far this season and he still continues to run his mouf

chad plz - do something meaningful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar