Observations from Friday’s OTA

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Are you suggesting he doesn't really have an issue with accuracy?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im saying his numbers are dragged down by the fact he knowingly throws balls beyond the defenses reach.

People think he's missing his targets, but he's not, well yes he is, but it's better he puts the extra mustard on it rather than having it picked off.

This all goes back to him trying to do too much, all young QB's experience this. It's a growing pain, he'll get past it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I read on PFF that Britt and Washington were top 10 in drops last year. I am not saying Locker is accurate, but having two top 10 receivers in drops can really affect your confidence and consistency. I think the criticism with Locker's accuracy is warranted, but I also feel like it is overblown because we did have plenty of easy drops last year.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I honestly think some fans are just too hard on our QB's. It takes a little time to develop. I'll stand up for Locker just like I stood up for Vince.

He should be fine this season. He's shown that he can compete, he just has to become more consistent.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

well I hope Locker fares better than Vince. :)

(I suspect he will because he isn't eat up with the dumbazz)

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I hope Locker can get close to Vince's QB rating his last season. Vince was solid his last year, the injury and blowup sealed his fate.

Regardless though, I think Locker will turn into a solid QB for us. Everything was chaotic last season, things should go a lot smoother this season.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Vince pisses me off because with just a little more maturity, he couldve been special. Jake is mature and gifted but he looks nervous, if he can relax and learn to flow more, he will be excellent. (just my opinion) . Jake has not yet shown that cool confidence that great quarterbacks possess. I'm a fan of his and really hope he's the guy tho. I really think he will step up this year!

8. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

That injury was BS. Just a way for Fisher to get him off the active roster without causing too much commotion.

9. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

its strange, i feel like the Vince situation was payback for the front office mis treating McNair. He wouldve had a shot under Steves guidance. Anyway I'm hoping Jake can be the new McNair

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I agree, the whole Vince situation sucked. He gave us some exciting offense. Never knew what you were gonna get ha ha, but he was clutch!

I guess we're building a nice little franchise history as the Titans rather than the Oilers. I'm rooting for Jake too. Welcomed him as soon as we drafted and have been willing to be patient to let him get his feet under him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar