Observations: Fire Fisher Now

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HeadOnASwivel, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

A fire Fisher thread already? Please go away.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I'd be all for a "Demote Gage and Promote Edison" thread.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No not yet. That statement is just as premature as this thread is.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Gage had a really good game, true that one drop hurt but you can't catch everything.

5. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

He could have made that catch but it would have been a difficult one. It wasn't routine by any means. When they showed the replay you could see Collins threw the ball behind Gage and he was essentially reaching against his momentum/center of gravity at full extension. It's a catch he is capable of making but wasn't easy by any means.

After that fingertip TD catch he made in preseason though he's upped the expectations on the types of catches he should make. That one was ridiculous.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I HATE that! :irked:

Dunno about all this coaching staff business, but from where I was sitting, I and two barflys saw the classic prevent/zone scheme appear and knew it wouldn't work... I'm gonna have to agree with the 'definition of insanity' assessment there.

A pox on the House of Baronis. I'm gonna have to put a block on his e-mails.

True story: when he appeared for his first FG kick Al Micheals started calling him the best NFL kicker ever and whatnot, and I yelled "DON"T SAY THAT!!", but I knew he had been jinxed already. I told the guy to my right "he's gonna miss". :irked:

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Wow, you need to calm yourself down a bit. This is my team too, in case you haven't figured that out and it's my right to voice any concerns I see with the team. I've followed this them since the early 80's, probably a lot longer than most of the people on this forum, as a result I've seen games such as this plague this franchise far too many times. I don't mean to say that Fisher is the worst coach in the league or that he can't evaluate talent. I'm saying that that his coaching philosophy is fundamentally flawed, and must change or he should be replaced. Tell you what, if you don't like what I have to say just don't read them from now on. We're all just expressing our valid opinions and I respect what all of my fellow fans have to say about the team, even if I disagree.

8. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

Don't fire Fish but come on guys he needs to grow a pair and get up to the new era of football. I think the way he coach is the way the team plays. For example in the 4th when we had the ball Kc need to make a play they blitz 3 times in a row what does he do Throws it away. At these time's we have to make a play that's what separates us we take no chances. you seen it with Big Ben he took chance got pick off but he still took those chances that we don't take. Thats why we don't win big games.

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I think theres a conspiracy with the announcers and steelers. Everytime a big FG must be made, and the announcer says... "Best FG Kicker in NFL History" they usually miss.

I distinctly remember the same thing happening to the Colts and Mike Vanderjagt in the playoffs against $hittsburgh when he shanked a 30 yarder indoor for the loss.

10. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

Do you know how many big games Cowher has lost... including some in the playoffs to Jeff Fisher...He was one Nick Harper cut from not getting his Super Bowl. This is silly... outside of the defense calls down the stretch I would've played it the same way. I do love the gunslinger attitudes that fans have... always second guessing when most haven't won a single football game much less an NFL game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar