OBJ 250K watch

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Vikinglord50, Sep 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

There are rules against wearing "hard objects". Small chains are fine but if watches were legal, this wouldn't be a story at all because playing in quarter of a million dollar watches would be the norm for a lot of these guys.

2. Vikinglord50

Vikinglord50 Special Teams Standout

I could care less about what he paid or didn't pay for it, or if he wears it all the time. I think it was part of all the Browns hype and how freakin' special they are, like this would be some walk in the park so they could "look good" while trouncing the poor little Titans. Well, all the bling in the world ain't gonna keep Mayfield from throwing picks and limiting OBJ to 7 catches for 77 yards. Titan's D did that! Thank you very much!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Young54

Young54 Starter

Exactly! I highly doubt OBJ would just do this because... he really likes the watch. All these athletes and celebs understand the value of their publicity, and there is no such thing as free marketing.

They got that much exposure from him just wearing the watch in a blowout loss. I have a feeling if he scored he would of flossed it. $350k is nothing. It easily could of been a million dollar deal just for pointing to it after a TD.

4. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

OBJ was gonna do an "Odell Time" TD celebration but malcolm butler smothered him all day.

And that watch company absolutely paid him for it. They are probably furious he didn't get a chance.

5. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Sunday was titans time baby!!!!!
    BOOm!

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Its a Richard Mille...he builds watches engineered to take the shock forces these athletes put on them. Nadal wore one custom made for him when he won the French Open. Bubba Watson wears one...had it on when he won the Masters...had grass stains on it LOL. They are interesting up close but not my cup of tea...

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I’m not going to argue this but that’s not how designer companies’ marketing efforts are funded. The values referenced are “equivalent” marketing value- NOT a tangible asset. They don’t just have $350k to throw away on a start up. Either it’s his watch- his money, it’s tangible material worth is negllible, or highly more likely it’s a reproduction. That’s just how a market ploy is funded.

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Like obj has insurance.

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yall just haters you cant wear a mortgage on your wrist

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Titans be like **** yo watch!!!

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar