Oakland willing to trade Asomugha

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by AH3, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Yeah, Dunta Robinson is at least a realistic possibility.

I have a feeling it's going to be Harper, Hood or both, though. I think the FO will address the CB issue by improving the pass rush (which may well be the right way to go about it).

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

^It's certainly the quick fix.

3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Robinson is one of the top tier CBs. Cap or not, he's gonna get a ridiculous big contract somewhere. - It's not gonna be in Tennessee and it won't bother me. He hasn't been the same since he destroyed his ACL.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well while he's not as quick as he once was, he's still fast enough to make up lost ground. Something only Cortland can do in our secondary.

He was serious his rookie year, after that he started getting beaten up somewhat.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It takes guys 2 full years to really get back up to speed. He should be there now. I don't think it's fair to judge him on how fast he was the past few seasons since he was recovering. No team is gonna sign him unless he passes all the medical tests and his speed checks out.

I agree that some team other than the Titans will probably give him way too much money, but at least it's possible that he'll be a Titan. Getting Asomugha is basically impossible.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

No way I see the Titans going at any high priced CBs. The only way I'd see them spending any kind of money is to improve the pass rush. That is the biggest problem anyway.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Our pass rush and CB depth are problems 1a and 1b. We have absolutely nothing behind Finny, and Asomougha would be a godsend. Theres no cap this year, maybe no football next year, I don't see why we don't do it. If we were serious about building a championship level team then we would definitely at least look at the guy and see what Oakland is willing to part with him for. A first round pick ought to be enough, and I see no reason at all why he wouldn't be worth ours.

8. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I doubt Al Davis will part with his greatest draft pick in the past decade for just another first rounder. Not that I would feel bad for cheating him like that if we get Asomugha :ha:.

The guy is one of the two premier NFL CBs. I'd be willing to part with a 1st, 3rd, and 5th from this year. Heck, I'd even be willing to give our 1st this year and our 2nd next year. I don't know if that would be enough for Al though.

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I like CJ, but he alone would be enough. Davis would have his athletic freak of nature, and we would have a shut down corner. I know it's not going to happen, but I would pull that trigger. Ask Denver if they regret trading Portis for Bailey.

Then again... Davis did let Randy Moss go for a 4th rounder. Offer them a 3rd?

10. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Blasphemy! :nono: :disbelief:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar