O-Line or D-Line?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by gran54, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gran54

gran54 Starter

Biggest need in the 1st round? We definitely need help in both areas, but if DeCastro from Stanford is there I don't see how we don't take him. I feel like he will be gone before we get the opportunity to draft him though. You can also make a case for Ingram from South Carolina IMO. To me he fits the scheme and would definitely be in the rotation from day one much like DeCastro would start from day one. Thoughts or other positions of need?

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We need interior lineman and we can get them in round 2 or 3. We need a pass rush bad. A better pass rush helps out our DB's and considering we don't have any safeties on the team right now that would be a good thing. If we don't go Ingram, Coples, or Brockers I'd like to get Barron.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We could use help on both lines, but I honestly didn't feel like our D-Line's lack of production hurt us much. Finnegan, McCourty, and Verner stick to their guys like glue, so we can get by with average pass rushers.

Not being able to sustain drives on offense is why we're sitting here talking about the draft instead of playing football. Unless Coples is around at 20, I say go for Konz or DeCastro, all 3 guys are top talents.

4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

munch did say they were probably going D for the first round... however.. if decastro's there we shouldn't even let the clock tick down to even a second...
    i think the Dline needs more work then the Oline.... i'm willing to see what an off season can do for the Oline... the Dline just wasn't getting the sacks or pressure at all... it's just frustrating watching the QB sit behind his line sipping tea...

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Round 1. Best defensive player available.
    Round 2. Jared Crick DT/DE Nebraska.
    Round 3. Ryan Miller G Colorado.

Great first three rounds right there.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. JCBRAVE

What's a great pass rusher do? He stops drives and gets the offense the ball back.

But we have 1 problem. We can't move the ball behind the 3 stooges in the middle. We need better players inside so we can move the chains and score. Keeping drives alive will also keep the defense fresh making them more likely to make a play.

Gotta go offense early.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Believe me, I understand the need for interior guys just as much as you guys do but that's not where the value is at 20. There will be some sort of defensive playmaker there when we pick like Still (DT) from PSU or Barron (S) from Alabama. A great guard or center will fall to us in the 2nd. We don't have to have the #1 player at guard or center especially since our staff is great at coaching up guys on the o-line.

8. JCBRAVE

This is what worries me.

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

They had 1 bad year this year and put too much faith in the wrong player (Amano) that he could get it done at center. They realize their mistake and Munch has said that they'd draft some o-line talent early this draft. No worries man.

10. JCBRAVE

Let's hope so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar