O-Line Issues

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Just read the scrolling article about H-Beck's opinion of the o-line and just started putting some thought into the issue.

Do you feel like our O-line issues last year were due to personnel or other teams being able to predict what we were going to do and exposing us? Or do you have a completely different analysis of our O-line situation?

2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Don't we already have like 2 or 3 threads discussing this?

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I had no problem with our pass blocking, it was our run blocking. To start off Amano and Harris are just average to start off. Both we're in new starting positions last year. Also, the defense packed 7481887 players in the box everytime, therefore it's hard for 5 guys to pick up 8 guys. With an improved passing attack (hopefully), it will take a couple guys out of the box, thus making it easier to block for CJ.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

That is what I was thinking might have been a huge issue last year. If fans know what's coming, than obviously the other team did too. No matter how good your O-lineman are they can't pick up more than 5-7 players depending on your set.

5. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

I agree that a large part of the blame goes to our offense's lack of creativity and versatility. CJ had made it clear it was his goal to rush for 2,500 yards last season, and Fisher/Dinger went on to do NOTHING creative with him. Handoff, handoff, pitch, punt. So frustrating. Our lack of a passing threat hurt. With our new QB regime in, it should help. Let's just hope Chris Palmer isn't too conservative with what we do have.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I saw a lot of different issues last season...

• The OL had more missed blocking assignments.
    • I saw someone on the interior OL get knocked back on the snap too often.
    • Defenses kept their OLBs wide to keep CJ inside.
    • The Titans had a major drop-off in TE blocking production from Crumpler.
    • Hall wasn't as effective run-blocking.
    • There was not enough consistency at QB to keep the S from playing run support.
    • There wasn't a WR on the roster who demanded a double team.
    • The coaching staff was terribly predictable with the run game.
    • CJ often danced down the LOS looking for the big gainer.

Take your pick. These were the issues that contributed to the decline in the running game last season.

I'm optimistic that we'll see a much better passing game this season which will do nothing but help many of the above issues.

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. munie

munie Starter

Why not start Velasco. He played better than amano last year imo

8. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Got to pass first if you want a passing game.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Scott being a big ball of suPK did not help any

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's a combination of things that have our O-Line sucking lately. Amano directing the line is one major issue, he's just plain bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar