Now that we're 5-0......??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by moose4now, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

We had to reach the SB in 1999 to get respect and was still the favor to lose in the SB, which we did, but still. thats way to much to have to do to get respect.

One great team i feel gets no respect either is the Giants. they have won the SB and the Pats losing the Sb is still a bigger news story. And people still doubt Eli.

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

That's because they're the Patriots.

The only way they wouldn't have been the story after losing last year's SB is if they had lost it to Dallas.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Sounds about right. And yes the Giants are not getting enough respect. But I hate how the people on NBC went crazy because Cassel threw a deep TD pass to Moss. I just got the impression from them that they still fee New England is a top AFC team when in fact their not. Cassel still isn't any good I don't care what people say and their secondary is REALLY bad. I'm actually shocked that they beat the Jets and 49ers.

One game I wish I could go to is New England at Oakland. If I were an Oakland fan I would verbally kill Moss.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

If we had some exciting, huge long pass plays, or just big plays, period, we'd get talked about more. There's not really a hugely dominant offensive force here, and the media is highlight-driven.

We do get respect, just not a lot of face time, because we're not a high-powered offense.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

We're not a high powered passing offence. There's nothing wrong with our running game. Especially, CJ. Another reason we don't get talked about is because we're never on National TV. If this team wants to make a statement, it can do that by (beating KC in two weeks and by) doing a number on Indy on MNF.

That might get a few people's attention. :brow:

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

We're not as pretty. We're the other girl playing with Misty-May. People overlook us, but that's just their loss really. I like it that we can sneak up on them all ninja like and pwn them ;)

Well that goes for some fans and media, as I seriously doubt any teams are overlooking the mighty Titans :logo:

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Unless teams have flashy free agent signings (Eagles, Browns, Jags, and Vikings) then they tend to not get a lot of hype. Since those teams all started off slow it was "well what's wrong with them?!" as if teams with great free agent signings simply can't be bad. But when a team who MADE the playoffs last year unlike 3 of the 4 above it's "wow this team's coming out of nowhere, but.... lets not get too excited, they don't have many big time players like Asante Samuel, Jerry Porter, or Dante Stallworth." I feel like there's a general consensus in the media that Tennessee isn't for real because they didn't have a big free agent signing and don't play in the big market.

People keep picking against us (several did for today and last weeks game) and we keep proving them wrong. Maybe a primetime win against the media darling Colts will help. And that's another thing, how many primetime games do we get this year? 1 and an afternoon Thanksgiving game. Browns get 5. Why? We made the playoffs and they didn't. Oh right, the flashy free agent signings.

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

You're probably right.

I don't think many teams are looking past us when we come to town.

9. collins1888

collins1888 Guest

i love being the underdog let them keep us as it. when we come out of the shadows and take out anyone put in front of us as we have been so far. i say screw the media they're just looking for rating and not facts even in sports. The Titans are turning heads but i'd much rather be a underdog makes you feel that much better about yourself when you prove people wrong week in and week out

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm all for getting excited and looking ahead (see other threads), but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

This week shouldn't earn us respect. The one good thing was that we managed to come from behind and get the win. But this one was ugly. We couldn't stop the Ravens offense (not a firepower), we couldn't run the ball, we turned it over... the list goes on. We should be glad that we got the W, but we didn't look like the best team in the NFL today.

On the other hand, it's hard to argue with us when we're the only team in the NFL with 5 wins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar