Now it is time to start Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jdog, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

No one else is going to say it? Ok...

Our offense still needs work. Collins and the WR/TEs need to get on the same page. Yes, they looked MUCH better this week, but I'm not satisfied. This week, throw to J-Mac and Crumpler over and over and over and over until they learn to catch the ball.

I actually am a full blown believer that momentum is huge. Anyone who is injured should sit. Anyone who isn't should play as long as the game is within reach, in either direction. When it becomes a blowout we can rest players.

I'm also greedy, and would like to see the first 14-2 titans team ever.

2. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

They have to play at least a half. The receivers and Collins need to be on the same page. We may have to play the Colts again too. But I would love to see Vince the second half.

3. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

agreed

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I would rather see the First Titans Super bowl rings as opposed to 14-2.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

But GoTitans3801's point is very valid, our offence has been very inconsistent all year and could use the gametime experience.

Secondly, putting 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers into the game is only for the fans to see them. The players are constantly evaluated based on practice performances, so the coaching staff won't see anything they don't already know.

The only reason not to play the starters is to keep them healthy and prevent fatigue. Nothing else.

6. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

Let's just turn it into a Powder Puff game between the cheerleaders!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. TitanicDane

TitanicDane Boozer extraordinaire

Like others said, let the starters show they are on the same page with a few focused (and hopefully long) drives. Starting our first team later in the game against Colts 2nd/3rd stringers won't make much sense anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar