Now are we gonna use our 1st round pick?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 8Bruce8, Nov 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

2 Colts and a Titans player are pushing into him. Cut the guy some slack. It’s funny and all but let’s not get crazy about it. Only morons complain about a rookie not playing when he was clearly a project when drafted especially when you find out he has maturity issues. I don’t care if he is a 1st rounder or not. If he isn’t playing in year 2 it’s a problem. But right now it’s just someone looking for something to complain about. If the Titans offense was having issues I guess I could see it. Offense clearly isn’t a problem. The Titans score just 2 points less per game than the Chiefs and Packers the top scoring offenses in the NFL.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Davis was pretty terrible last year though

3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Wilson has three snaps her PFF and a 60.5 rating.

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Yep it has really messed Antonio Gibson, Chase Claypool and Justin Jefferson up.

5. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Actually, he did get bull rushed over. His pads were too high in his stance from the get go. That first burst from a defensive line is always going to be low to try and get below the o-linemans pads. Get them rocking backwards.

Even when you look at his stance before the snap, he looks to already be on the balls of his heels, which means he already has a backwards lean looking to "catch" the defender. That is fine, but you cannot be that upright.

That is exactly what happened and why he went down on his keister.

6. Tricky

Tricky Starter

That's fine, but I dont think it wouldve happened if that leg wasnt there for him to trip over.

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Nice to see the topic of our 1st round pick has changed from his off field behavior to why he fell on his arse in his first action.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I thought he improved throughout the year, but yes, he did start off pretty bad.

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Why is it assumed Wilson was supposed to be a starter this season?

I know the general logic is your first round picks should be ready to contribute day 1, but jrob drafted simmons knowing he couldn't contribute day 1. Different situations but obviously it's not the end of the world to jrob if his first round pick isn't on the field immediately.

Assuming Lewan and Kelly both stayed healthy all 16 games, I can't see Wilson touching the field, even if none of the covid/dui stuff happened.

Then take into consideration that rookie tackles, even very highly graded one's normally get abused their first season.

Maybe there was never a huge rush getting Wilson out there anyway?

Either way, it's way too early to write off the kid off, hopefully he has his head on straight now.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Skill players have a little more room for error than that of technique players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar