Not very impressed with this scrub coaching staff

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

On paper it's fine. The production is awful, but we do have some good players who fail to live up to their potential.

Uh... yes? When the Patriots lose Tom Brady they will no longer be elite. Years from now when Green Bay looks like a completely different team they will no longer be elite. The Titans were elite a decade or so ago and now they aren't. Yes, being elite is a variable. You're brilliant.

I mean, we won't know for sure who the "elite teams" were this year until the season is over. But judging from last season and what we've seen this season, I think one can make some (changing) stabs at who is elite and who isn't.

Sounds awfully like you're retarded.

First off, let's look at your statement: "When the Cows beat them they aren't elite, but when no one else beats them, they are."

Logically, what the hell are you saying? We have the assumption of the Cows beating someone implying that they aren't elite, but then you say "but" and say "when no one else beats them". Are you saying that if a team didn't get beat by the Cows and didn't get beaten by anyone else they are elite? I think by anybody's logic an undefeated team would be elite.

Or maybe you're trying to say that a one-loss team who only lost one game to the Cows isn't elite. I'm not saying that a one-loss team that only lost a game to the Cows isn't elite. I gave valid reasons for why the Steelers, Bengals, and Falcons of last season were not elite teams. The Steelers looked awful early on, and the week before they played the Cows they escaped the Colts by 3 points. The Falcons were up and down. The Bengals weren't that great, but they did get into the playoffs due to the horrible AFC. And even looking back, the Falcons were murdered in the playoffs and the Steelers got beat by Tim Tebow. How elite could they have been that year?

Pretty badly is beating them by one touchdown (which came down to the last play, which failed because of a mistake on Jones IIRC) and beating them by 1 point (Bengals)? Oh, and they beat the Bengals in the playoffs. At home. With the Bengals' two best players being rookies. Right-O.

I think you should stay away from the word logic and just keep focusing on trying to figure out which shaped-blocks go into which shaped-holes. Logic is a concept that is obviously far beyond you.

If you must know, IMO the "elite teams" so far are:
    San Fran, Green Bay, Falcons

I'm iffy on: Patriots, Ravens, and Giants.

Outside of that, no one comes to mind that I would say is "elite".

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

lol. Now I know you're a homer.

Who have the Texans lost!!???! Their entire core is still intact! Who did the steelers lose/gain last season when you said they were not elite at the time???

Just watching the Texans play this season and last season you can tell they are one of the best teams. Their defense is one of if not the best in the league, and their offense is probably the most well rounded in the league...Other than the 49ers, I can't think of a team better than them, MAYBE the packers.

You're conveniently saying Pittsburgh wasn't elite for the game they played the Texans (which makes no sense because like you said above Pittsburgh hasn't lost or gained any key pieces). But Pittsburgh only lost to 3 teams the entire season! Houston was one of them!

LOL. Someone is angry they look ridiculous trying to disregard the Texans as a top 5 football team in this league..

3. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Why? Because I think on paper we could potentially have a solid team? You don't think that if everyone on our team played up to their POTENTIAL then we'd be a good team?

You need to work on your reading comprehension. I was talking in generalities. You said "elite status is a variable", and I said, "Yeah, obviously." and gave reasons why. Bringing up "Who the Cows lost" implies that I think they were elite previously, which I obviously don't. Just because you make the playoffs in the most pathetic division in the NFL doesn't make you elite.

As for the Steelers, dude, everyone was thinking they sucked early last season. They got blown out by the Ravens and the Colts took them to the limit. They got their ish together after their bye-week, but they stunk prior to that. I'm sorry if you weren't watching when that was happening.

Who did they play last season? Who have they played this season? This entire board would be excited about us right now if we were 2-0 after beating Miami and Jacksonville, and the talking heads would be calling us contenders. Are we? Obviously not. But if we played bad teams it would certainly look like it. Remember, we blew out the Browns in Cleveland last year. Does that make us elite? Uh... no.

It's easy to look good when you're mostly playing bad teams.

Pittsburgh struggled early on in the season. They were not an elite team when the Ravens BLEW THEM OUT and they were not playing like an elite team the week before they played the Cows when they barely got beat by THE COLTS. It's a simple concept.

No, I'm just not sucking the "bull's teat", unlike you.

4. TheSureThing

lol hater!!

Houston will be 4-0 in 2 weeks and you'll still be a bitter Titans fan who's mad because we suck and they're good

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

they will still suck

6. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

4-0 against three crappy teams and an iffy Broncos team. Maybe. If the schedules were swapped we may well have been the 4-0 team while they were 0-4 (well, they'd likely still beat the Chargers and us).

Like I've said elsewhere, if they beat the Pats and Green Bay, I'll tip my hat. 'Til then, I'm not jumping on the bandwagon.

7. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

It's really ironic how much of a hypocrite you are.

He says our defense is better than they have shown (which basically has to be true) and he is a homer?
    This coming from the guy who has been an excuse factory for a 140 lb dance machine?

If I were you, I wouldn't post a thing until your BFF cracks fifty yards; because you are the biggest homer on this board until CJ proves you're not just a completly irrational moron.

Don't hold your breath.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Don Johnson

Don Johnson Detective Sonny Crockett

Who would we hire in place of Bruce Matthews and Chris Palmer?

9. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Al Davis and the girl from the Progressive auto insurance commercials.

10. TheSureThing

our defense is terrible! on any thing you want to look at it from paper, on the field, fantasy land, they suck!

you guys constantly hype up guys like McCourty, or Casey, or Klug, or Marks, or even Morgan but the reality is those guys are scrubs! Defenses expose us any way they want to!

If we played Houston's schedule, we'd still be 0-2!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar