Not affraid to admit when I'm wrong

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brian, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. TitanJeff

How long did Kearse play at DE at Florida when he was drafted in the first round?

3. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Yes. Based on the potential and Bob Stoops' reputation. Not the production.

4. TitanJeff

So are you saying that all our first round draft picks need to be made based on their production at the position we intend to use them?

Regardless if it was production or potential, just about everyone who covers the draft felt he was worthy of being taken in the late first.

5. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Stop putting words in my mouth Jeff. We're talking about Andre Woolfolk. Read the thread.

"Live and learn"

6. TitanJeff

I've read the thread. You apparently feel Woolfolk was not worth the pick at the time he was drafted. If I'm misunderstanding you, set the record straight.

We all know he was a project but he wasn't the first player Reese has taken with limited experience at the position he was draft to play.

7. wg53

wg53 Starter

Kearse play DE in college...I not 100% certain...but never. He was a LB at Florida who came to Florida as a S. A LB is still what he truely is. It's a shame his talent is misused. He'd be a perennial pro bowler if played at his true spot. He's Joey Porter and then some.

8. Wrong, based on his play against top receivers. You didn't watch his big games.... I did. He shut down the all american Roy Williams (Texas receiver) twice, then in his senior year, shut down B.J. Johnson (Texas other big name senior) including a play that made ESPNs plays of the week - Here is the picture:

He also shut down Wash States big time receiver Starling in the Rose Bowl in his senior year and got a pick and blocked field goal in that game. Timing is everything. Every db has an achilles heel and he had one named Rashaun Woods from Okla State. He had two bad games vs Woods and that lowered his stock and position on the big draft boards from as high as #6 on Mel's big board. He was one of the Senior Bowl defensive players of the game. All of these great timing events play a loud tune towards first round pick.

Attached Files:

9. Brian

Brian Big Fan

I actually agree with you on this point. 3 picks and 7 passes defended - in two years - fooled a lot of people.

10. You are something Brian. Like TJ pointed out, you only post part of the stats and part of others posts to help your pointless statements.
    What part of opposing QBs couldn't throw to his side of the field did you not get. Like I said previously you have no credibility at picking players and neither do I or we would be. Why don't you submit all of your critical posts compiled together on a resume to Fisher and Reese and they will hire you.... you think. You are trying to say they didn't do their homework and in fact you didn't. On the field, opposing QBs don't care about a coaches credibility, they care about where the open receivers are and when your man is always covered, the ball doesn't come that way. Oh, it is a waste of time with you anyway. Bottom line, he performed at the combine and by a strict points system was ranked third among available cornerbacks. He was a player of the game in the Senior Bowl and the part that unprivileged hecklers like yourself will never get to see, but I may share it with some other fans that know to make themselves friendly... The resume/video of his many astounding college highlights, that you obviously haven't seen, that was presented to NFL scouts by his agent (my brother made it and maintains the master). Those are things that make you a first rounder, now show your knowledge buddy and dispute these FACTS... Or as Mike and Mike in the Morning (ESPN Radio/ESPN News).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar