Not affraid to admit when I'm wrong

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brian, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

:crazy:

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Well at least you explained yourself...:ha:

3. wg53

wg53 Starter

What's the problem? He just spoke the truth...that draft has been horrible. Woolfolk sucks despite what his uncle says. He wasn't 1st round material when he was drafted..and was a major reach. Calico was a workout warrior. And Brown while good at times is fragile. Better options were available in each round and Reese reached with all of them.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Who said he was wrong? I was simpily curious on why he'd make a thread on it.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I know why...He likes this topic because he learned long ago that it is a hot button topic. He feeds off the reaction and I'm sure he was tickled to death that I spent as much time replying as I did. I don't really care what Brian thinks. I'm just going to go waste my time on some other thread so why not this one. I really haven't got a legit problem with Brian and I've posted to that effect. Sure, I've called him out on the carpet but he's smart enough to always leave himself an out. Whatever. I believe Andre will prove himself on the field and I'll eat these guys if I'm wrong...

[​IMG]

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Not to put fuel on the fire here but this simply isn't true if you put any faith in the majority of mock drafts out there at the time. Many draft sites, including our own mock at goTitans.com, had us taking him. Most were concerned he may not be there when the Titans picked. He hasn't been close to living up to expectations but you can't say he was much of a reach, IMO.

I was not for the Calico pick mainly because I thought the Titans should have taken an OT. I wanted Wayne Hunter that year in the second. He's played two games in three seasons for the Seahawks. Not a lot of value there either.

Maybe the Dominick Davis pick would have been better than Brown in the third but go back and tell me who you would have taken over Woolfolk and Calico. Hindsight is 20/20.

Personally, I think too many have give up too soon on both of these guys. Injuries have set both back in their careers and I think we'll think differently a year from now on these picks.

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Jeff that would confuse too many people. I just admitted that I was wrong about wanting Woolfolk in 2003. If his play forces us to "think differently a year from now", then I'll have been proven right on my original mock. I'm a conservative guy Jeff...I don't like to 'flip-flop'.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Therein lies the greatest story ever told, Charles Dicken's "Great Expectations." We will never learn. And thank god for that. Cause I love having great expectations. It feels damn good. Vince Young will bring us 7 to 8 Superbowls. And woolfolk can ride his coattails.

9. wg53

wg53 Starter

I was referring mainly to Andre and Tyrone...I'm satisfied with Brown. But no I never put any stock in mock drafts. I didn't then and do not now. Andre may have been projected to us in some mock drafts but he wasn't then and still isn't first round talent..it still boggles my mind how a WR/CB tweener that wasn't that great in college to begin with becomes a first round pick. He wasn't a Champ Bailey or Chris Gamble (Both played WR and CB in college). They both did very well in college. Andre was solid in college but not good enough to warrant his selection in the first round.

I don't take as much issue with Calico as I do WoolFolk however and despite this I am still a fan of his...he just needs to show everyone why he was drafted in the first..because he hasn't yet.and as for Tyrone I still think he can be a decent WR this next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar