Norm Chow FIRED

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Titans OC Norm Chow Fired

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans have fired offensive coordinator Norm Chow after a season of struggling to score points this season. The Titans finished 21st overall in total offense and became the first team with only nine touchdown passes to reach the playoffs in a 16-game season. "I appreciate all of the hard work and contributions he made to the organization during his time here, but I have decided to go in a different direction and will start the process of finding a new offensive coordinator," Titans coach Jeff Fisher said in the statement. Chow, 61, had been the OC for three seasons.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Im not sure about Cameron either, i dont feel confident about a guy that starts his NFL career 1-15, which honestly should of been 0-16, if it werent for another fired coach in Billick believing 3 passes in a row is the right thing to do when you need a yard. Id say go get an innovative OC, use VY's talents in ways teams cant defend.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

That's because we all thought you were a Colts fan at the time.Your sig didn't help.:crazy:

4. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

He was the OC for San Diego last year 14-2.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans are entering that window of opportunity where they'll get a few shots at a deep playoff run. You don't want to be in the middle of that and THEN make a OC change which usually takes a season to adjust to.

If the Titans didn't think Chow was the future, this was the best time to fire him.

6. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Titans say ciao to Chow, fire offensive coordinator

The Titans fired offensive coordinator Norm Chow after a season of struggling to score points, even though they reached the playoffs for the first time since 2003. ...more

[​IMG]

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'd be all for Heimerdinger coming back. He once convinced Fish to open the playbook, maybe he can do it again?
    This is a good day though. Now get Schwartz out, and we're set!

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Because he had a fantatstic defense and LT to ride. A guy like Sparono or Martz would be a good pick although Martz is a bully and we would probably have to give up a pick for Sparono.

9. bperiod

bperiod Guest

When are we all going to admit it's not the OC's, it wasn't the GM, it's not the mascot or the damn score keeper....IT'S FISHER! Gimme a break. All these years he has run the same conservative BS offense. If it's not Bironas winning games it was Del Greco....Norm Chow's history shows that he is NOT a conservative play caller. You're gonna tell me he went from the most explosive OC in college football at every stop (BYU, NC ST, AND USC) to the run, run, dump off for 4 yards pass when we need 6? Every OC we have had was the same. We just happened to have Steve, Eddie & Frank to bail us out. How many people need to get fired before we realize there is only 1 GUY LEFT and NOTHING CHANGES?! Fisher is and always has been OVERRATED. Sorry, I have always like the guy...but he is the only constant, period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar