Norm Chow FIRED

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Your right,nows the right time to fire if you want to get a quality coach before they are all hired.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

3. desfletcher316

You make valid points. Hopefully the terminology will be the same, it'd be a big help. Tho we need Vince focusing on other areas, not learning a whole new playbook.;)

4. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

If I remember correctly it had more to do with just wanting the starting job handed to him, and his lying to Fisher.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I think it may be a good move, but it's not so clear. It's obvious to me that part of the reason the O was bad is lack of talent. I questioned Chow's calls sometimes, but I honestly don't know if I wouldn't call out most other OC's calls about the same. I've watched many games where I wondered what the hell the OC was thinking.

Chow didn't look really bad to me, and it's got to be a tough decision to change an OC with a young QB....so this seems kinda odd.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

He said that? I must have missed it. Got a link or anything? I thought it was all about Volek vs Fisher.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think it had a lot to do with Fisher getting his feelings hurt. :clown:

I do think I remember something about Volek saying Chow's offense sucks, but I'm not 100%.

Just find it ironic that Volek gets run out of town and two years later... Well, guess no one can succeed in Norm's O.

(All along I figured Volek ****ed Fisher's wife or something along those lines)

I bring up Volek a lot, and I know most people don't like him and I'm not sure he really would ever have much success as a starter. But it is one of the biggest incidents that started me really not liking Fisher as much as I used to. I think Fisher looked like the bigger chump out of the whole incident, but I know I'm in the minority on that opinion.

However I think it makes Fish look even more like a chump if he is validating what Volek complained about with Chow's O.

8. desfletcher316

Interesting,"another direction" Jeff said to him. Maybe the pennys finally dropped and after seeing other teams throwing the ball around he's decided i want a bit of that. I know he loves his fisherball but who knows? ,he might be changing his mindset.I live in hope.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Ok, I'm searching for a link on the Volek deal....

Meanwhile, I found this which I find funny... nice addition to the Norm Chow legacy....

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9628685/rss

"Offensive coordinator Norm Chow said Collins has been such a quick study he believes the veteran could be ready for the opener on Sept. 10 against the New York Jets. "

Yeah, Collins was really prepared to start the 2006 season! LMAO.

10. DJB

DJB Starter

Well there should be a rule: The offensive coordinator of any team whos kicker is All-Pro should be fired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar