Norm Chow FIRED

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

chow was seen leaving the Titans offices after cleaning out his office. All he had was a single manilla file folder with his three plays tucked away inside.

2. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Probably the same 3 plays he used all year long, LW thru the gut, Screen to Justing Gage and let me see a little 3 yard dump pass here and there to Eric Moulds. :bighomer:

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Excellent, Don.

4. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

:biglaugh: The first was funny but :lol2: was the best, can i buy a shirt that says that.

5. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

Random thoughts in response to many posts…

It’s interesting that the old “this is the NFL” rebuttal has been used so often in this thread to dismiss Vince Young’s success in college and the spread offense’s success in college, but it hasn’t been used here nearly as often to dismiss Norm Chow. If you think about it, his only success came on the college level too.

Also, I see references to Vince Young’s alleged immaturity, yet I don’t see anybody who’s making those references citing any sources. The only source I’ve even seen alluded to are comments that Norm Chow made. Wouldn’t that simply be Norm Chow’s opinion?

Along those lines I read an article online in the Tennessean
    http://www.rctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080116/SPORTS01/801160466/1002/MTCN0302
    where Norm Chow references his frustrations with Vince and wonders if Vince was behind his firing, yet in contrast to that, VY issued a statement attributing his development to Norm Chow and expressing appreciation for all Norm Chow did for him. Based on that, who took the high road? Who was more gracious and, dare I say, mature? The 23 year-old or the 61 year-old?

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Woah, wait, hooky hornstein is coming in on Young's side? Surprise!

7. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

heh! I'm a deacon in the Church of Vince.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Chow had his weak points to be sure but it sure would have helped if MR had drafted a rookie WR worth a crap and vince didn't get on some high horse coming off the ROY.

Watch the patriots play and much of their success comes from quick slants and outs to welcher and just heaving the ball deep to moss so he can out jump people; hardly fancy. The patriots success has not come from a thick playbook and trying to outsmart other teams. It's about execution and matchups.

Maybe it is an overexaggeration to have 3 o-linemen from one team in the pro bowl but give norm chow that o-line and that personnel and he would also succeed.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The mr morioto dig.

Morioto is an iron chef from japan no? Chow is of chinese extraction. Not knowing the difference is plain ignorance and lumping people together like that makes you a bigot..

10. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Guys Fish wants Mike Heimerdinger from the Broncos, according to NFL Rumors Pro Sprts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar