No To A Free Agent DB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by formerphinfan, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:werd:

as someone mentioned Donald Mitchell did that and was signed as a starter and did nothing.

2. finnegan is a heck of a lot better than hill, just get over it

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

has nothing to do with Hill.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Finnegan is a great NB and when given the chance a heck of a CB so all this talk about him being just a good NB and not a good corner can stop whatch the eagles game like said before. Hill is adequate at best he would be a good #3 with Finnegan at #2 and fuller at NB. Then get rid or LT.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

watch the eagles game in 2004, carlos hall was the second coming of bruce smith.

oh man, let's not forget about skip hicks and his amazing game against the packers in 2001. he had like 140 yards on 17 carries. where's he now?

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Cortland got several other chances to play outside besides the Philly game. I especially remember the Colts game at home when Pac went out for awhile. Manning and Harrison went right at him and he held up well. Much better than Woolfolk in the 1st Indy game.

I would have no problem if we decided to bypass on one of the top FA CBs and decided to draft one in the 1st or 2nd rnd to compete with Finnegan and Hill for the outside spot.

Fuller could be NB, or the 2nd rnd pick or Cortalnd could move inside in the nickel package.

I personally don't think that Samuels will hit the market. I think the only way we get him is to trade for him after the Pats tag him. I think having to trade picks and give a huge contract is more than we need to do when we already have a shutdown CB in Pac.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

is being better than woolfolk our measuring stick now-a-days? i mean, hill was better than woolfolk. the jags actually chose to pick on woolfolk and left hill alone, thats how bad he was last year.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Finnegan is too much of a risk, and we don't have enough solid depth at corner to not do anything about it in the offseason. Our secondary was so shaky, serious moves have to be made. We'd have great depth with (one example) Samuels, Jones, Finnegan, Hill... We could take a chance and do nothing, but it's one of our weak positions, and we have the opportunity to make some serious moves this offseason.

9. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Let's all not forget, that secondary play is a direct correlation between coverage and defensive line play, The longer you have to cover, the worst you look. Quite frankly (I hate saying that now thanks to Steven A. Smith), our frontline didn't apply enough pressure to pop a zit on a teenagers face. Aside from KVB, no one showed up. I honestly believe, without making to much of a rush to judgement, and bearing in mind that RH showed flashes last year that pretty much earned him the starting spot, Cortland Finnegan has showed "enough" to warrant us spending the dough on getting a impact defensive lineman, that can actually pressure the QB.
    Hell, I can go 24-32, for 260 yds and 2 tds againt our Defense, as long as I can sit back there and write a letter to my mother, pose for a few pictures for SI, and take a 45 second power nap, like opposing QB's did when they faced us.

D-line first, Freeny, although he sucks agains the run, he will give us a much better pass rush, and hurt our competition. Or Patrick Kearny (Coming off pectoral injury, so what!!) who plays the run well and can most def. rush the QB and definately would be good for our locker room. FS second, man LT has bought his time for sure,.... Corner third,..... and by God, put Tulloch in at MLB, and we'll be good to go.

10. BJShan

BJShan Starter

Finnegan was great this year but a lot of people were saying the same things about Hill last year. Lets hope Finnegan doesn't get Schwartzed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar