No To A Free Agent DB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by formerphinfan, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. formerphinfan

formerphinfan Camp Fodder

What I’m I missing……why are so many beat writers, radio pundits and message board posters wishing the Titans target a free agent CB?

IMHO…when I watch Cortland Finnegan, I see a playmaker that will only get better and deserves a chance at starting CB. Has it been forgotten the game he had when he started against the Eagles. In his first ever start, he led the team in tackles with 11 and had 2 passes defended.

Spend cap cash on D-Line.

07-08 Secondary
    CB – PacMan
    CB – Finnegan
    SS – Hope
    FS – Lowry (showed good instincts and ability to deliver big hits)
    Nickel – Fuller (at 6’1” he’s perfect for defending bigger slot receivers)

2. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

First of all, we need three starting caliber CBs. And if you didn't know, Hill is terrible, and not suited to the NB position. Did you watch any Titans games this year?

While I agree that Finnegan would be an upgrade over Hill, Hill in the NB position would be a downgrade.

The fact remains we still need another good CB. Might as well go for the best.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

donald mitchell was a great nickleback, he was a terrible cornerback. could be the same thing with finnegan, who knows? i would rather keep him in the nickel so we know he will play at a high level rather than have him switch positions and miss out on a better CB in free agency.

oh, and by the way, i'm officially on the asante samuel bandwagon after the colts game.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Finnegan would indeed be a good NB
    it's unclear whether or not he'd be a good CB

there is little doubt how Samuel would fair at corner

why insist on unproven vs. proven

5. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

samuel's stock and price after that game jumped big time, i still hope we get him. he would be worth it. help the secondary and give more time to the d line to pressure the qb.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the coaching staff also thought enough of woolfolk to hand him the starting job that season. sometimes you work with what you have.

7. Titan Yapper

Titan Yapper Only ONE Team Matters - TN Titans

formerphifan no need to get sensitive. just back up your thought and move on. supdawg has obvious issues no need to point them out

8. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Why call me names? Grow up...:moon2:

WTF?

Edit: I didn't read your post all the way through. For that I am sorry.

Everything you suggest will hinge on the fact that we can have some people step up. Unproven people. Not the ideal situation IMO..

Still no need to call me names?

9. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

It would be great if Fuller will be able to go at nickel again. Unfortunately, he never did recover fully last year from his broken ankle/leg and was still slowed/hampered by it.

As Fisher said last season, it would simply weaken two positions by moving Finnegan to corner. But maybe next year, if Fuller is back to 100%.

10. No to Stallworth
    No To Moss
    No To Grahamn
    No To TO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar