No Sunday night game for Titans...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

2. Frankly, I'd rather go to a noon game...

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You don't live in Australia.

4. Yeah, well it's not that cold in Australia come December 31. Here, it might be cold. Especially at night.

And more importantly, it's New Years' Eve...

5. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

I thought for sure we'd at least get a 4:00 game. Oh Well, another trip to the sportsbar....Now i'll have to find something else to do besides watch football on New Years. Packers and Bears......yuck.

6. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Well, I frankly wanted to watch it at night... And broadcasted in HD too. I also wanted to show my Titans to the world. I guess we should have several primetime games next year for sure.

7. Nine

Nine Starter

I understand the logic behind the league's decision, but I absolutely don't agree with it, and I fully expect it to backfire in their faces.

CHI/GB is an essentially meaningless game; the Packers are badly overmatched, and Favre (who I personally think will return next year) will probably get shredded. I expect it will be over by halftime, and many viewers will tune out.

Several other games have much greater importance in the grand scheme of things, and will directly affect the playoff picture....JAX/KC, PIT/CIN, NE/TEN, and ATL/PHI in particular. Of all these games, only one (ATL/PHI) was moved to a later time slot.

I won't pretend to know how television ratings work, but it's clear that the league based their decision on name recognition over any competitive interests, bumping Favre, Peyton, and Vick into the higher visibility time slots. Maybe I'm a bit biased, but it seems to me that pitting Tom Brady against Vince Young would have been a pretty good draw...but I guess the league knows best, huh? :rolleyes::gag:

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Our game is name recognition too, as it is highly probably our game means nothing. Vince would be the only draw. So I get that.

They should have gone with any of the play in games. The Giants would have provided the highest drama, as they likely would have had to play their way in, but being as it is already a sat game, the best game may be the Jets or Denver. Likely, both will be on the line and NY of course being a major market. More drama.

Favre has been telling them he will prob come back. I do not get this at all. His retirement game is not that big of deal. He's a Hall of Famer, but he's not a god like Jordan or Ripken or anything.

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I'm surprised they decided to have a New Years eve game anyway.
    i thought the latest game would be played at 4:15.

I don't remember ever watching a new years eve game.

oh well.. thats NBC for you. They have a magical way of screwing up everything they touch.. except for Conan O'Brian ofcourse :grrhee:

10. Well, you would expect them to go for a match, with a bigger 'fanbase' and all, but the packers bears match is gonna be a whitewash, really, Favre is probably gonna come back next year anyway...

And a noon game for the titans as well., jeez...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar