No offense - but your health system is *#@&ed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Carpy, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

Man, I can't complain at all. My employer pays 100% of my insurace prem. I have a $25 co-pay, $8 generics, $20 name brand, a $550.00 deductable and they pay 80% after that. Plus my brother in law is a nurse practicioner and he diagnoses my problems over the phone most of the time and calls out scripts for me with out me ever having to step into a doctors office. One time I showed up at his house because I had cut my thumb down to the bone with a bow saw. He went into his bathroom came back with a suture kit. He cleaned my wound and sowed me up right over his kitchen sink. The next day I went by his house and he gave me a tetnis shot and all that didn't cost me a dime. Everyone doesn't have a cool brother in law like me?:ha:

2. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

No offense, but countries can have cheap and free healthcare when they have a small military.

I am sure the small fee you pay in Australia is a fraction of the total cost of treatmant. Basically, the gov't picks up the tab.

Not saying that is good or bad. I agree there is a healthcare problem in US. Seems like the companies are a little greedy.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

My OTHER australian buddy.

4. We spend more on healthcare per capita than Australia does so it has nothing to do with how much we spend elsewhere.

5. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

We must be doing something completely wrong if that is correct. The spending elsewhere could be part of the problem. How about instead of spending millions on sending robots to Mars we fix education and healthcare. How about instead of spending millions on one shiny new jet fighter we invest in research for alternative energy and break our dependence on foreign oil.

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Ktown, you make some good points. But all that is in a perfect world. I was thinking the other day, it is going to take some kind of revolution to ween us off of oil. There are too many people making too much money off oil.

I dont agree with everything you said, but I am a little biased. Plus politics are not allowed.

7. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

You are right Ammo. I guess the airforce thing makes you a lil bias. The jet thing was just an example. Politics is a touchy subject which is why it is not allowed. I'll just say it is going to take an entire generation of new thinking to change things. The revolution will have to be on the way we think. We need a revolution on are own culture.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Malpractice liability and pharmaceutical lobbyists/industrial interest are driving forces behind our escalating medical costs. Our healthcare system is headed for a MAJOR change- it will probably occur in about 15-20 years. Getting back to fee for service would fix alot of problems but put alot of the insurance industry out of business.

It would blow your effin socks off to see how budget is dedicated toward lobbying by the pharaceutical and insurance industry. Lots of beemers in those parking lots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar