No Keith No!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Amen, I've held off the Fire Swartz bandwagon, but if we see something like that again, I'm hopping on it. That was absurd.

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I found myself just watching and yelling at the screen for Schwartz to please blitz. Does he not see what a blitz did to our play action? Why wouldn't he want to do that to them? Ridiculous that we pay this guy to call plays. Anyone reading this could have done just as good as he did last night.

As for the DB's, why do you think they played bad? There were no long runs where they missed tackles that I can remember. Almost all of their catches were to the TE, who was being covered by various linebackers. I saw LT make one bad play. Other than that, I don't really think they were tested. Only a few intermediate completions. The front seven played disgusting. We were pushed around, fooled on every fake, looked unsure on every play, and just plain got knocked on our backside. I hope I never have to watch a game like that again.

3. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

People are blasting the Titans for their horrible play and others are defending them and using the "it's just pre-season" and "we had no game plan" excuses. I just want to say that if Plummer can pull off 6 or 7 bootlegs without ANY heat from the defense, our defense is not playing basic/straight football. Plummer even picked up 10-15 yards on the ground for a first down after he had run the same play 5 times before! That was sick! I was not expecting the Titans to win this game. I had predicted that Cutler could tear our 2nd and 3rd string secondaries up. Our secondaries weren't even tested that much last night. Did Woolfolk even play?!? Is he giving up on making the team or something? I didn't hear his name called once nor did I see him. I am most disappointed with the first string defense D-line and LBs. Our 2nd/3rd string Oline looked better than our first, granted they were playing against 2nd/3rd strings. Like I said in another thread, I seen better played high school football Friday night. That's saying a lot since one HS team was like 12 and 2 last year and the other was 2 and 8. Fix it this time Schwartz or you could be gone at the end of the season. I know that I would fire you!

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'm not going to ***** and whine about preseason loses. Sorry. This happens the first week of the season, I'll say my piece. But at this point, I could care less.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

willie parker :hmm:

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Cedric Houston or Derrick Blaylock? which one is going to be the surprise backup to kill the Titans and make a name for himself?

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

they were WAY out of position and ten years late. Some of the passing plays made me question whether db's were taught how to cover. I am very hip to the idea that this can be hung on the scheme, playcalling, coaching etc. The defense had next to nothing going on for it plus a starter now needs an mri. It must be time for Jimmy to swing. That's me hoping.

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Keep in mind that Denver was a 13-3 football last season.

We weren't. :rolleyes:

Their starters may be "just" a bit better than ours. :rolleyes:

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, but not 35-3 better.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

ditto man.

Colts went 0 - 5 in preseason last year and the starting offense barely put up points except for the last game.

who cares.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar