No ints, 175 yards passing = improvement

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oldoilerfan, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

It is good, will raise his trade value for a second rounder!!

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Your first comment is not true. We have been throwing the ball downfield pretty consistently this year, we just have not been catching or completing it consistently. So nothing has changed.

I didn't ignore the point of your post, I just chose not to comment. Just for your information, Nate Washington has 5 catches for 52 yards in his last 2 games, hardly "MORE" productive. I will agree that Gage did have a big game yesterday, but it's not like he hasn't done that many times in the last year. It's just a matter of getting guys the ball, the likelihood that VY gets to his 3rd or 4th read is not as high as KFC, hence the lack of production of Britt, Crumpler and maybe even Cook(when on the field).

3. dahobbs

dahobbs Camp Fodder

Or maybe their lack of production has more to do with Vince only throwing the ball 18 and 20 times a game vs Collins who was averaging 32 passes a game, 37 if you don't count the pats game where he only threw the ball 12 times. Vince threw for 7 yards per attempt against Jacksonville and 9 against San Fran. Both are higher than any game for Collins this year.

4. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

i agree that he has improved by leaps and bounds.

5. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Teams have stop blitzing right down the middle on 3rd down because vince just runs around it.With kerry on 3rd down you know the blitz was coming right down the middle to flush him out.

Example; the 3rd down play to britt vs the jags.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

:wack: Idiotic Post. It seems you would rather see VY gone than see him play well. A real fan would really like to focus on our glaring need for defensive depth.

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Teams should have known better than to blitz Vince up the middle to begin with. But I guess some just need to learn the hard way.
    If Vince can learn to pass effectively in a zone defense, he will be very difficult to stop. Because you know teams aren't stupid enough to run man2man coverage with him at the helm.

8. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I'd like to see him play well enough to get rid of him myself, I know these type of comments gets a rash of brutality by the "Vince Nation" guys who think he's the best thing since sliced bread but I think for the long term prospects of this team we'll never be a consistent, elite team until we have a real "franchise" QB and I don't think he's that guy. That's my opinion and I could be wrong but I doubt it. There are 3 teams that have won more than 100 games this decade, Pitts, Indy, NE. The common denominator? A franchise QB, oh and they all have SB wins too.

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I like how you left out the other (necessary) thing that those three teams had in addition to a franchise qb...a dominant defense; moreso with NE and Pitt (as they've won multiple SBs this decade) than Indy, but the year that Indy one their ONLY SB this decade, their defense did step up.
    Defense wins championships, not a franchise QB.

10. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Sorry, but I have to know what your definition of a franchise QB is exactly. That term covers a broad spectrum, and at the basis of it should go to winning. The QB's that you mentioned above are much more than "Franchise" QB's, two of them are locks for the HOF, and the 3rd, more than likely b/c of the SB titles that he has now.

So what's a franchise QB? one that wins, or one that wins Superbowls??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar