No comments on Schwartz?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

I think he is. Good coaches alter the approach based on the opponent AND the ability of his own players. IMO Schwartz hasn't done enough of the latter.

2. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

3. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

That because next week we look like Pop Warner again. Rebuilding teams usually get exponentially better. They don't usually regress then get back to the same level that started off with. Not usually like a yo-yo or gasoline prices where you never know where they are headed. As far as our team being young, that isn't the issue because we had the same discussion when our team was loaded with vets. He sucked when he Samari Rolle and Kevin Carter so what's your point.

I bash Schwartz because in my opinion he is not a good as he needs to be. Sure he may improve enough for us to have a 0.500 season but that isn't good enough. In my opinion, he will NEVER be good enough to take us all the way. Superbowl teams generally have physical defenses. The Ravens, Patriots, Steelers. Schwartz is not and never will be physical therefore he will never be good enough in my opinion. The Titans need to continue with rebuilding process and cut their losses NOW.

4. Brian

Brian Big Fan

"Football reality" says that the talent in the NFL is so evenly distributed that "on any given Sunday" the worst team in the league can beat the best team.....and yet we're 12-30 and give up 27 points a game.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fightin titan..

Yes but this isn't a one year thing. We suck on defense every year and every year there is a fresh excuse. If you are suggesting that coaches don't matter that is another issue and i suppose we have no need to pay jeff fisher millions of dollars right?

Again if you think our personel is that bad then lobby for the removal of floyd reese because he isn't doing his job. Somebody better take some responsibility for this team. God did not come down and crap on the titans; decisions were made and are being made that have hurt this team.

With the one possible exception of 2002 this defense has never played anywhere close to above the talent level.

Regarding williams and lewis; lewis is in a similar situation to jeff fisher now. That is not and has not been a well coached defense and lewis needs to make some changes.
    Williams has been a defensive coordinator and head coach for the last 9 full seasons. In those 9 seasons his defense averaged a 13th rating in scoring defense. 4 times he had his team in the top 10 and 2 other times in the top 12. Schwartz has never had a team finish in the top 10. It's stupid to take a guy with a proven track record of success and use one bad season as an example. From 2003-2005 williams coached three straight top 10 defenses(scoring) before this years problems. What the hell has schwartz done the last 3 seasons?

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Good point. I wonder if Schwartz got on Tulloch for being out of position.

7. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Sorry but , the NFL is the "what have you done for me lately" league. Williams has laid a stinky turd in 2006. He is no bettter than Schwartz when you compare numbers this season and that iis what matters.

You better get busy lobbying for Floyd's removal. Times awasting.

8. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Since you asked... BTW, 2006 numbers. Last time I checked, we were consistently at the bottom of the NFL in defense over the past 5 years, the Redskin's team was 3rd and 9th, respectively under Williams. I think that this years numbers constitutes an aberration, not a trend. :evil:

[​IMG]

Good thing Williams has tons of good years. Schwartz, on the other hand has none at all where he led the league in.

9. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

You need to go back and check 2003.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

check that, he has had ONE good year out of six.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar