No Change in Young Contract Negotiations

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If we don't hear something soon, he's not going to make it, he'd better get in by Monday. He needs to be ready to start preseason game 4, and he needs a little time to get there.

Fltitan, why in the world would White have a better chance to contribute early on? Young's chance is if Billy gets injured, or late season, so who knows, but at least Fisher said he'll put him in if Billy goes down. White is third string and not in shape. Did you read the press conference, he needs to get in shape during camp. I definitely agree that he needs to get into camp so he'll be closer to playing, but he's farther away than Young, I doubt we see him get more than 3 carries in a game before the bye.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It always spooks me when a rookie isn't 100% in shape heading into camp. They usually try to impress and have a hard time learning the pace of a training camp practice. It often leads to injury which sets them back their entire rookie season.

3. fltitan

fltitan Guest

GoTitans3801 unless Volek is injured I believe White will get on the field before VY. I think he will be in short yardage situations early in the season and that could have a huge effect on our offense. I have read that his weight is down and he is in much better shape than before and he has a month of camp to get in football shape. Certainly injuries could play a role but all things being equal I think he has a better chace of playing early than VY.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I wouldn't be shocked to see Cheese get those short yardage/goal line carries.

5. GoTitans3801

Well, Fisher, his coach, said yesterday that he is not in shape and ready for camp. I'm sure he could still toast any of the board members in the forty, but it's not a good sign. The game is hard, and he's not ready yet. True, he's got time in camp, but he's not signed yet. If he gets in there, he may see a few downs a game, but I don't see him getting any significant time before the bye. I'll stick with my prediction, unless something changes like an injury, White gets less than three carries per game until the bye. Vince only has one player in front of him, White has two.

6. GoTitans3801

Go Cheese! I'd love to see him make a better showing this year. Going back to basics with Will should have helped him.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"LenDale told me (Wednesday) he should be in camp, and if there is a delay it would be very minimal," Herman White said. "He wants to be there. His weight is down, he feels good. He is ready to go and there is still hope he could be there Day 1."

"He's definitely been working. The injury's not an issue," Fisher said. "I'm anxious to see how he fine-tunes that conditioning once he reports. I don't think it's going to be difficult for him."

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060727/SPORTS01/607270424/1027

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Actually, the latest says that VY's contract will be one of the biggest rookie contracts ever, even more than Williams (understandably so, first of all, the Texans are idiots, they should ask the Browns and Cards about giving out huge contracts to rookie DL)... And it will be done, so let's see how the deal is spread out...

From the tennessean.com...

"Titans General Manager Floyd Reese met again Wednesday with agent Major Adams, who represents Young, and the two sides were nearing agreement on what could be one of the biggest contracts for a rookie in NFL history.

9. GoTitans3801

(on LenDale White’s progress)

He stopped in here at the beginning of last week and worked out for us. He’s definitely been working. I think he’s behind physically just from a conditioning standpoint. The injury’s not an issue. I’m anxious to see how he fine-tunes that conditioning once he reports. I don’t think it’s going to be difficult for him. When you’ve got the numbers that we have (at the running back position) and the number of reps that you’re rotating, camp’s not going to be difficult for him.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_detail.php?PRKey=3870

Your quote is saying that he said he'll be signed and make it to camp. We'll see, I hope we get news tonight that he's signed. Fisher's in depth response about White was that he's behind in his conditioning. Considering that coaches rarely say anything negative, that's not a minor comment.

10. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

reports say that right now the Titans and VY are close, and the contract is rumored to be more than Mario Williams and the highest rookie contract in NFL history...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar