No aliens?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Didn't anyone here of that new planet they found, which is an ocean planet, as in its entire surface is covered with an ocean...

It has one of the strongest possibilities of a planet holding life that we've found...

Of course there is life out there, its just we have to find it...

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Humans are the aliens. Our genetic ancestors "seeded" this planet preciesly because of where it is located. They would have seeded every planet in such a sweet spot. This is preciesly how we as humans will conquer the universe as well, because actually traveling across those vast distances is impossible - thanks Einstein.

The real question IMHO is are there any contemporaries out there that are at least as technologically as advanced as Earth? Who knows but I bet there are lots of cavemen level planets, lots of planets where the seeding failed ect. I'm just hoping one of the close planets has a decent DE that would be willing to sign for the mimumum.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Travelling the universe does not seem impossible to me. If an ant can get from africa to the united states by hitching a ride on a ship, then we can do the same thing in the universe. All we have to do is hitch a ride on something. Which technically, we are already doing. We are hitching a ride on the planet, which is hitching a ride on the sun, which is hitching a ride on the galaxy, which is no doubt hitching a ride on something else. You move one of those things where you want it to go, you get someplace awful quick. The trick is moving something like the sun in the direction you want to go. It's strangely feasible, as it is a body of potential energy and fuel. Anything is possible. And it is relatively safe method of travel if you keep the relationships intact. We don't even have to leave the earth to do it. Now, we may die trying, but what the hell, the sun is going to burn out eventually anyway. Minus well give it a go.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The aliens are already here, and playing in the NFL...

[​IMG]

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Well, our defense is invisible. And they sport dreads. I think they qualify as predators.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I think it would be pretty arrogant of us a the "spokesmen" for life on our planet to take a firm stance that there is no intelligent life out there besides us. There's a huge party going on in some other corner of the universe and we're missing out...

Somewhere on a huge beach in Florida there's one grain of sand and on that grain of sand there's a million little uber-microscopic "galaxies", made up of zillions of uber-uber-microscopic "solar systems" and in one of those sytems there's a planet with tiny little continents and those continents are bordered by tiny tiny little beaches and on one of those beaches there's a tiny-tiny-tiny grain of sand with one tiny little cock-sure ant fart of a life-form assuring his tiny little ant fart buddies that "this is all there is fellas..."

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Boy, I HOPE there's no alien life! And if there is, PLEASE GOD, DON'T LET THEM LAND HERE!

Why?

Historically, every advanced civilization has conquered every less-advanced one. If the aliens are smart enough to be able to build a ship and travel to here, then we are TOAST. :eek: We'd make great slave labor, food or pets.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

That sounds like a Rush song ;)

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Can I buy some pot from you?

[​IMG]

Professor Jennings?

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Is that Flounder checking his breath?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar